Difference: MajorTasks2019 (1 vs. 52)

Revision 522019-09-12 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 10 to 10
 
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 CERN phone/email
Added:
>
>
Paul 18.09 - 23.09 Mobile (only if really necessary)
 

Overview of actions

Revision 512019-09-12 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 56 to 56
 
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap ordered -
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap Done See Mail from 05.09. "PMT and magnetic field"
Changed:
<
<
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap ordered Check whether they fit into the NIM module after delivery.
>
>
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap Done Five pieces ordered and delivered
 
43 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap Waiting for reply from Sune -
Changed:
<
<
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
>
>
44 Paul, Markus Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap Ongoing Box is packed and closed. Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
 
45 Cristóvão, Markus To be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -

Revision 502019-09-11 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 62 to 62
 
45 Cristóvão, Markus To be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap price for 5 pieces of 2 x 50 x 50 mm: EUR 110 -
>
>
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap Done 15 slabs of 2 x 50 x 50 mm ordered
 
49 Markus, all Take care of Facebook page during Sarah's absence Ongoing Markus to approve requests with answered questions, Paul and Cristóvão to answer questions; check once per day
50 Paul Expert electron therapy asap TBD Look for a specialist for electron therapy as a cancer cure at DESY
51 Paul Room(s) for data analysis asap Done Booked for the whole programme. Guest office in Bldg 1d, Ground floor.

Revision 492019-09-10 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 15 to 15
 

<!-- /editTable -->
Changed:
<
<
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
>
>
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Done J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
 
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Done -
Changed:
<
<
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap almost done The attachment to the tripod will have to be done at DESY
>
>
3 Paul Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap almost done The attachment to the tripod will have to be done at DESY
 
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Received -
Changed:
<
<
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Almost done do we want to ship the big block to DESY?
>
>
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Done do we want to ship the big block to DESY?
 
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Done  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
Line: 32 to 32
 
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question, sent synchrotron radiation impact to send MM temperature monitor coding  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Started discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
Changed:
<
<
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
>
>
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap Done  
 
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Done but missing state machine implementation  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner October Ongoing Barbara ordering them
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  
Changed:
<
<
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 and FMC does not seem be a good solution. Remaining option: V1742  
>
>
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August Postponed to 2020  
 
26 all define microMegas and MMFE8 configuration for the DESY setup asap TBD -
27 Markus, Jorgen equip a chamber with fans and the MMFE8 that we got on loan on Friday asap Done -
28 Jorgen, Markus get a CAEN HV power supply from the pool asap Done Jorgen/Cristovao: Specify the type of PSU. Markus: Rent the device

Revision 482019-09-09 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 56 to 56
 
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap ordered -
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap Done See Mail from 05.09. "PMT and magnetic field"
Changed:
<
<
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap TBD -
>
>
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap ordered Check whether they fit into the NIM module after delivery.
 
43 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap Waiting for reply from Sune -
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
45 Cristóvão, Markus To be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -

Revision 472019-09-09 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 55 to 55
 
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap ordered -
Changed:
<
<
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap TBD -
>
>
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap Done See Mail from 05.09. "PMT and magnetic field"
 
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap TBD -
43 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap Waiting for reply from Sune -
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
Line: 65 to 65
 
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap price for 5 pieces of 2 x 50 x 50 mm: EUR 110 -
49 Markus, all Take care of Facebook page during Sarah's absence Ongoing Markus to approve requests with answered questions, Paul and Cristóvão to answer questions; check once per day
50 Paul Expert electron therapy asap TBD Look for a specialist for electron therapy as a cancer cure at DESY
Changed:
<
<
51 Paul Room(s) for data analysis asap Ongoing Are they booked for the whole programme?
>
>
51 Paul Room(s) for data analysis asap Done Booked for the whole programme. Guest office in Bldg 1d, Ground floor.
 
52 all Alternative for webcams asap TBD Discuss video options, organise laptop or alternative, Paul to check with Carsten Portion
Changed:
<
<
53 Paul, Markus Volunteers for data analysis asap TBD Paul and Marcel to create list of people at DESY, Markus to help/check with online schedule
>
>
53 Paul, Markus Volunteers for data analysis asap Ongoing Paul and Marcel to create list of people at DESY, Markus to help/check with online schedule
 
54 Markus DAI San Diego after receiving invoice TBD Please submit DAI with invoice and take care of payment
55 Markus New BL4S flyer after receiving modified version from Ewa TBD Please forward the flyer to DESY and LNF as well as Sascha for collecting comments/signing it off

Revision 462019-08-26 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 68 to 68
 
51 Paul Room(s) for data analysis asap Ongoing Are they booked for the whole programme?
52 all Alternative for webcams asap TBD Discuss video options, organise laptop or alternative, Paul to check with Carsten Portion
53 Paul, Markus Volunteers for data analysis asap TBD Paul and Marcel to create list of people at DESY, Markus to help/check with online schedule
Added:
>
>
54 Markus DAI San Diego after receiving invoice TBD Please submit DAI with invoice and take care of payment
55 Markus New BL4S flyer after receiving modified version from Ewa TBD Please forward the flyer to DESY and LNF as well as Sascha for collecting comments/signing it off
 

Revision 452019-08-23 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 63 to 63
 
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap price for 5 pieces of 2 x 50 x 50 mm: EUR 110 -
Added:
>
>
49 Markus, all Take care of Facebook page during Sarah's absence Ongoing Markus to approve requests with answered questions, Paul and Cristóvão to answer questions; check once per day
50 Paul Expert electron therapy asap TBD Look for a specialist for electron therapy as a cancer cure at DESY
51 Paul Room(s) for data analysis asap Ongoing Are they booked for the whole programme?
52 all Alternative for webcams asap TBD Discuss video options, organise laptop or alternative, Paul to check with Carsten Portion
53 Paul, Markus Volunteers for data analysis asap TBD Paul and Marcel to create list of people at DESY, Markus to help/check with online schedule
 

Revision 442019-08-22 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 10 to 10
 
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 CERN phone/email
Deleted:
<
<
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone
 

Overview of actions

Revision 432019-08-21 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 55 to 55
 
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Done -
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
Changed:
<
<
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap TBD -
>
>
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap ordered -
 
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap TBD -
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap TBD -
43 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap Waiting for reply from Sune -
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
Changed:
<
<
45 Cristóvão, Markus TO be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
>
>
45 Cristóvão, Markus To be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
 
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap TBD -
>
>
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap price for 5 pieces of 2 x 50 x 50 mm: EUR 110 -
 

Revision 422019-08-21 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 58 to 58
 
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap TBD -
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap TBD -
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
43 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap TBD -
>
>
43 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap Waiting for reply from Sune -
 
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
45 Cristóvão, Markus TO be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap TBD -
Deleted:
<
<
49 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap TBD -
 

Revision 412019-08-21 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 64 to 64
 
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap TBD -
Added:
>
>
49 Cristóvão Contact Sune re. influence of magnetic fields on PMTs asap TBD -
 

Revision 402019-08-20 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 10 to 10
 
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 CERN phone/email
Changed:
<
<
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
>
>
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone
 

Overview of actions

Line: 36 to 36
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Done but missing state machine implementation  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
Changed:
<
<
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
>
>
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner October Ongoing Barbara ordering them
 
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  

Revision 392019-08-20 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 55 to 55
 
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Done -
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
Added:
>
>
40 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap TBD -
41 Paul Measure the magnetic field inside of the dark box when the BRM is on asap TBD -
42 Paul Provide long (5m) HDMI cables for the MMS (or ask Markus to buy them) asap TBD -
43 Markus Buy 5 Lemo cables (100 ns) asap TBD -
44 Paul Send the MM box and the malfunctioning DWC to CERN asap TBD Markus will prepare a shipping request in EDH
45 Cristóvão, Markus TO be shipped to DESY: HV-PSU, 6 channels, 2000V, 2mA with GECO monitoring, Screws for the MMFE8, cotton gloves asap TBD -
46 Markus Make aluminium rails for mounting the DWC to the MM frame asap TBD -
47 Cristóvão, Markus Clean the zebra connector, order more if necessary asap TBD -
48 Markus, all Order thinner tungsen slabs if required asap TBD -

 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Particle Peers

Revision 382019-08-20 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

<!-- /editTable -->
Deleted:
<
<
Paul 08.08 - 09.08 Mobile
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
 
Paul 20.08 - 30.08 Mobile (only if really necessary)
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 CERN phone/email
Markus 27.08 - 06.09. CERN phone

Revision 372019-08-06 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 30 to 30
 
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far Right now we have 4 cards.
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap Done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap Done ~900 l in August; ~1700 l in October; gas mixture 93% Argon, 7% CO2
Changed:
<
<
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap TBD Will order 3000-4000 l of the abovementioned mixture
>
>
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap Done Ordered ~3000 l of Ar:CO2 93:7 (delivered) and >800 liters of Ar:CO2 70:30
 
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap Done Tested one calo, it works well. Statistical analysis by a student ongoing. More calos available, but with incompatible cables -> replacement ongoing
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question, sent synchrotron radiation impact to send MM temperature monitor coding  

Revision 362019-08-06 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 7 to 7
 
Paul 08.08 - 09.08 Mobile
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
Paul 20.08 - 30.08 Mobile (only if really necessary)
Changed:
<
<
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
>
>
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 CERN phone/email
 
Markus 27.08 - 06.09. CERN phone
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Changed:
<
<
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
>
>
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 CERN phone/email
 
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email

Overview of actions

Revision 352019-07-30 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

<!-- /editTable -->
Deleted:
<
<
Markus 22.07 - 26.07 CERN phone
 
Paul 08.08 - 09.08 Mobile
Added:
>
>
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
 
Paul 20.08 - 30.08 Mobile (only if really necessary)
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Added:
>
>
Markus 27.08 - 06.09. CERN phone
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
 
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Deleted:
<
<
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
 
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
Deleted:
<
<
Sarah 26.06. morning CERN phone
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
Sarah 29.07. CERN phone
 

Overview of actions

ID Who What Deadline Status Details
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
<!-- /editTable -->
Changed:
<
<
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap we have to discuss some design options  
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for delivery Ordered: 5 x 40 mm copper and 15 x 5 mm tungsten
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Scintillators from Dumps received. Do we need anything else?
>
>
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Done -
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap almost done The attachment to the tripod will have to be done at DESY
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Received -
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Almost done do we want to ship the big block to DESY?
 
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Done  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.

Revision 342019-07-23 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 14 to 14
 
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
Sarah 26.06. morning CERN phone
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
Added:
>
>
Sarah 29.07. CERN phone
 

Overview of actions

Revision 332019-07-19 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 37 to 37
 
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question, sent synchrotron radiation impact to send MM temperature monitor coding  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Started discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
Changed:
<
<
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
>
>
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Done but missing state machine implementation  
 
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
Line: 55 to 55
 
34 Jorgen, Cristóvão define/develop method on testing VMM threshold settings asap TBD -
35 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt event display to VMM based readout asap TBD -
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Ongoing -
>
>
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Done -
 
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Revision 322019-07-17 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 22 to 22
 
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap we have to discuss some design options  
Changed:
<
<
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Is 5 mm a good thickness? How many slabs (50 x 50 mm) do we need?
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
>
>
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for delivery Ordered: 5 x 40 mm copper and 15 x 5 mm tungsten
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Scintillators from Dumps received. Do we need anything else?
 
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Done  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.

Revision 312019-07-11 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 31 to 31
 
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far Right now we have 4 cards.
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap Done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap Done ~900 l in August; ~1700 l in October; gas mixture 93% Argon, 7% CO2
Changed:
<
<
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
>
>
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap TBD Will order 3000-4000 l of the abovementioned mixture
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap Done Tested one calo, it works well. Statistical analysis by a student ongoing. More calos available, but with incompatible cables -> replacement ongoing
 
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question, sent synchrotron radiation impact to send MM temperature monitor coding  
Changed:
<
<
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Starte discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
>
>
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Started discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  

Revision 302019-07-10 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 57 to 57
 
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Ongoing -
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
Added:
>
>
39 Markus, Cristóvão, Paul Discuss and complete the shipping list End of July https://espace.cern.ch/project-blfs/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/project-blfs/Launch%202019/shipping%20list.docx&action=default  
 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Particle Peers

Revision 292019-07-10 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 25 to 25
 
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Is 5 mm a good thickness? How many slabs (50 x 50 mm) do we need?
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
Changed:
<
<
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Almost done  
>
>
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Done  
 
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far Right now we have 4 cards.
Changed:
<
<
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap done. to be tested  
>
>
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap Done  
 
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap Done ~900 l in August; ~1700 l in October; gas mixture 93% Argon, 7% CO2
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
Line: 43 to 43
 
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  
Changed:
<
<
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 does not seem be a good solution. Remaining options: V1742 and carrier & FMC  
>
>
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 and FMC does not seem be a good solution. Remaining option: V1742  
 
26 all define microMegas and MMFE8 configuration for the DESY setup asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
27 Markus, Jorgen equip a chamber with fans and the MMFE8 that we got on loan on Friday asap Will use initially existing fans. More fan assemblies to me made later -
>
>
27 Markus, Jorgen equip a chamber with fans and the MMFE8 that we got on loan on Friday asap Done -
 
28 Jorgen, Markus get a CAEN HV power supply from the pool asap Done Jorgen/Cristovao: Specify the type of PSU. Markus: Rent the device
29 Jorgen, Markus install in RD51, test electronics and calibrate asap TBD -
30 Jorgen, Cristóvão test with vmmChamber monitor program asap TBD -

Revision 282019-07-08 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 22 to 22
 
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap we have to discuss some design options  
Changed:
<
<
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Simulations performed by Paul - showing some results in the next meeting. Decision on materials asap
>
>
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Is 5 mm a good thickness? How many slabs (50 x 50 mm) do we need?
 
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Almost done  

Revision 272019-07-05 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 56 to 56
 
35 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt event display to VMM based readout asap TBD -
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Ongoing -
Changed:
<
<
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD -
>
>
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD Contact E. Auffray re. old crystals of L3 and PANDA
 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Particle Peers

Revision 262019-07-04 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 56 to 56
 
35 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt event display to VMM based readout asap TBD -
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Ongoing -
Changed:
<
<
>
>
38 Paul, all low energy calurimeter 2020 TBD -
 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Particle Peers

Revision 252019-07-03 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 30 to 30
 
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far Right now we have 4 cards.
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap done. to be tested  
Changed:
<
<
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
>
>
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap Done ~900 l in August; ~1700 l in October; gas mixture 93% Argon, 7% CO2
 
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
Changed:
<
<
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
>
>
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question, sent synchrotron radiation impact to send MM temperature monitor coding  
 
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Starte discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  

Revision 242019-07-02 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations / absences

Line: 13 to 13
 
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
Sarah 26.06. morning CERN phone
Changed:
<
<
Markus, Cristóvão, Paul, (Sarah) 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
>
>
Markus?, Cristóvão, Paul, Sarah? 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
 

Overview of actions

Revision 232019-07-02 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"
Changed:
<
<

Overview of vacations

>
>

Overview of vacations / absences

 

<!-- /editTable -->
Line: 13 to 13
 
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
Sarah 26.06. morning CERN phone
Added:
>
>
Markus, Cristóvão, Paul, (Sarah) 12.8. - 16.8. DESY test beam
 

Overview of actions

Line: 24 to 25
 
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Simulations performed by Paul - showing some results in the next meeting. Decision on materials asap
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
Changed:
<
<
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Ongoing  
>
>
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Almost done  
 
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
Changed:
<
<
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far  
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  
>
>
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far Right now we have 4 cards.
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap done. to be tested  
 
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Starte discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
Changed:
<
<
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted. ox for the MMs has been ordered  
>
>
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap The box for the MMs is ready. Contact ORDEM / Truelove when we need it.  
 
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote

Revision 222019-07-02 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 45 to 45
 
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 does not seem be a good solution. Remaining options: V1742 and carrier & FMC  
26 all define microMegas and MMFE8 configuration for the DESY setup asap TBD -
27 Markus, Jorgen equip a chamber with fans and the MMFE8 that we got on loan on Friday asap Will use initially existing fans. More fan assemblies to me made later -
Changed:
<
<
28 Jorgen, Markus get a CAEN HV power supply from the pool asap TBD Jorgen: Specify the type of PSU. Markus: Rent the device
>
>
28 Jorgen, Markus get a CAEN HV power supply from the pool asap Done Jorgen/Cristovao: Specify the type of PSU. Markus: Rent the device
 
29 Jorgen, Markus install in RD51, test electronics and calibrate asap TBD -
30 Jorgen, Cristóvão test with vmmChamber monitor program asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
31 Jorgen, Cristóvão (re) install online graphical monitoring of currents in the microMegas (spike detection) asap TBD -
>
>
31 Jorgen, Cristóvão (re) install online graphical monitoring of currents in the microMegas (spike detection) asap Done -
 
32 Jorgen, Cristóvão understand noise events asap TBD -
33 Cristóvão monitoring of temperatures in the VMMs asap Ongoing/Done Fallback solution of using oscilloscope/multimeter. Must focus on other points first before looking into automated temperature monitoring
34 Jorgen, Cristóvão define/develop method on testing VMM threshold settings asap TBD -

Revision 212019-07-01 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 50 to 50
 
30 Jorgen, Cristóvão test with vmmChamber monitor program asap TBD -
31 Jorgen, Cristóvão (re) install online graphical monitoring of currents in the microMegas (spike detection) asap TBD -
32 Jorgen, Cristóvão understand noise events asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
33 Cristóvão monitoring of temperatures in the VMMs asap TBD -
>
>
33 Cristóvão monitoring of temperatures in the VMMs asap Ongoing/Done Fallback solution of using oscilloscope/multimeter. Must focus on other points first before looking into automated temperature monitoring
 
34 Jorgen, Cristóvão define/develop method on testing VMM threshold settings asap TBD -
35 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt event display to VMM based readout asap TBD -
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
Changed:
<
<
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap TBD -
>
>
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap Ongoing -
 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Revision 202019-07-01 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 43 to 43
 
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 does not seem be a good solution. Remaining options: V1742 and carrier & FMC  
Changed:
<
<
>
>
26 all define microMegas and MMFE8 configuration for the DESY setup asap TBD -
27 Markus, Jorgen equip a chamber with fans and the MMFE8 that we got on loan on Friday asap Will use initially existing fans. More fan assemblies to me made later -
28 Jorgen, Markus get a CAEN HV power supply from the pool asap TBD Jorgen: Specify the type of PSU. Markus: Rent the device
29 Jorgen, Markus install in RD51, test electronics and calibrate asap TBD -
30 Jorgen, Cristóvão test with vmmChamber monitor program asap TBD -
31 Jorgen, Cristóvão (re) install online graphical monitoring of currents in the microMegas (spike detection) asap TBD -
32 Jorgen, Cristóvão understand noise events asap TBD -
33 Cristóvão monitoring of temperatures in the VMMs asap TBD -
34 Jorgen, Cristóvão define/develop method on testing VMM threshold settings asap TBD -
35 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt event display to VMM based readout asap TBD -
36 Jorgen, Cristóvão adapt tracking monitor asap TBD -
37 Jorgen, Cristóvão make UDP fragment format RCD compatible (GetNextFragment and RCDRawEvent) asap TBD -
 

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Revision 192019-06-27 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 20 to 20
 
ID Who What Deadline Status Details
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
Changed:
<
<
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap waiting for input from Paul  
>
>
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap we have to discuss some design options  
 
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Simulations performed by Paul - showing some results in the next meeting. Decision on materials asap
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
Changed:
<
<
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
>
>
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Ongoing  
 
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far  
Line: 35 to 35
 
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Starte discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
Changed:
<
<
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
>
>
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted. ox for the MMs has been ordered  
 
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  
Added:
>
>
25 Markus Find a VMEbus ADC August The SIS3305 does not seem be a good solution. Remaining options: V1742 and carrier & FMC  
 

Revision 182019-06-26 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 40 to 40
 
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
Changed:
<
<
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Ongoing  
>
>
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Done Thanks to Louis' help
 
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  

Revision 172019-06-26 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 41 to 41
 
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Ongoing  
Added:
>
>
24 Cristóvão/Markus Fix the busy logic during the TDAQ configuration steps August to be done  
 

Revision 162019-06-26 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 21 to 21
 
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap waiting for input from Paul  
Changed:
<
<
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4  
>
>
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4 Simulations performed by Paul - showing some results in the next meeting. Decision on materials asap
 
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
Line: 34 to 34
 
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
Changed:
<
<
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  
>
>
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap Starte discussions and questions on showers and the setup  
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  

Revision 152019-06-26 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 12 to 12
 
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
Added:
>
>
Sarah 26.06. morning CERN phone
 

Overview of actions

Revision 142019-06-26 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 38 to 38
 
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
Changed:
<
<
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap to be done Coordinate with Marcel, check possible date (Friday afternoon?)
>
>
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap Ongoing Confirmations (w/o fixed time) from cryo, fire and computing for Friday, 18.10.
 
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Ongoing  

Revision 132019-06-24 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 18 to 18
 
ID Who What Deadline Status Details
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
<!-- /editTable -->
Changed:
<
<
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap to be done  
>
>
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap Ongoing Files sent, but still checking at DESY for in-house synergy effects. It seems like such a mounting is currently being designed here. Trying to get more information.
 
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap waiting for input from Paul  
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4  
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
Changed:
<
<
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Specify if PVC (or similar polymers) can be used in the beam area  
>
>
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Done PVC (or similar polymers) can temporarily be used in the beam area
 
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
Line: 30 to 30
 
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
Changed:
<
<
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done  
>
>
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done Student intern is currently looking into this - hopefully taking parasitic data during July
 
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  

Revision 122019-06-21 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 11 to 11
 
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
Added:
>
>
Sarah 19.08. - 20.08. CERN phone/email
 

Overview of actions

Revision 112019-06-19 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 38 to 38
 
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap to be done Coordinate with Marcel, check possible date (Friday afternoon?)
Added:
>
>
23 Cristóvão Test and get to run the "Split DAQ" (GUI running on PC but rest on the SBC) asap Ongoing  
 

Revision 102019-06-19 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 36 to 36
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
Changed:
<
<
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing  
>
>
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing Paul measured area, Barbara getting quote
22 Paul Organise safety half day asap to be done Coordinate with Marcel, check possible date (Friday afternoon?)
 

Revision 92019-06-18 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 23 to 23
 
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Specify if PVC (or similar polymers) can be used in the beam area  
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
Changed:
<
<
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Ongoing  
>
>
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Done. No other magnet will be available.
 
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far  
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  

Revision 82019-06-18 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 36 to 36
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
Changed:
<
<
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September to be done  
>
>
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September Ongoing  
 

Revision 72019-06-18 - PaulJeanSchutze

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

<!-- /editTable -->
Added:
>
>
Paul 08.08 - 09.08 Mobile
Paul 20.08 - 30.08 Mobile (only if really necessary)
 
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email

Revision 62019-06-18 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 14 to 14
 

<!-- /editTable -->
Changed:
<
<
1 Markus Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received
>
>
1 Cristóvão Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received. Cristóvão is in contact with John Apostolakis
 
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap to be done  
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap waiting for input from Paul  
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4  
Line: 23 to 23
 
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Ongoing  
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
Changed:
<
<
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted  
>
>
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted. Not looking good so far  
 
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
Line: 34 to 34
 
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
Added:
>
>
21 Sarah Coordinate the production of the banner September to be done  
 

Revision 52019-06-18 - SarahAnneAretz

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 8 to 8
 
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Added:
>
>
Sarah 27.08. - 21.09. None
 

Overview of actions

Revision 42019-06-17 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

<!-- /editTable -->
Added:
>
>
Cristóvão 26.08 - 30.08 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 05.09 - 06.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
Cristóvão 16.09 - 20.09 (Tentative) CERN phone/email
 

Overview of actions

Line: 18 to 21
 
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Specify if PVC (or similar polymers) can be used in the beam area  
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Ongoing  
Changed:
<
<
9 Markus Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap to be done  
>
>
9 Cristóvão Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap Done  
 
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted  
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
Line: 29 to 32
 
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
Added:
>
>
20 Cristóvão Set up the EduSWAN accounts September to be done  
 

Revision 32019-06-13 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 24 to 24
 
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done  
Changed:
<
<
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap to be done  
>
>
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap Done  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap Sent synchrotron radiation question to send synchrotron radiation impact and MM temperature monitor coding  
 
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  

Revision 22019-06-13 - CristovaoDaCruzESilva

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

Line: 28 to 28
 
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap to be done  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
Added:
>
>
19 Cristóvão Finish integrating the MM into TDAQ asap Ongoing  
 

Revision 12019-06-13 - MarkusJoos

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="BL4S"

Overview of vacations

<!-- /editTable -->

Overview of actions

ID Who What Deadline Status Details
1 Markus Find a GEANT4 expert asap Ongoing J. Apostolakis contacted and some feedback received
2 Paul Send the technical drawings of the telescope rails / brackets to Markus asap to be done  
3 Markus Manufacture supports for the absorbers asap waiting for input from Paul  
4 Markus Order absorbers asap Waiting for input from GEANT4  
5 Markus Find scintillators asap Ongoing Slabs will be provided by Sune. Contact established with CMS about crystals
6 Paul Material for the dark box asap Specify if PVC (or similar polymers) can be used in the beam area  
7 Markus Build the dark box asap Waiting for input from Paul  
8 Paul Check if we have to use the BRM or if a smaller magnet is available asap Ongoing  
9 Markus Send pictures of ISOTDAQ scintillators to Paul asap to be done  
10 Markus look for 5 more MMFE8 cards asap Arizona contacted  
11 Markus build more MicroMegas ventilator assemblies asap to be done  
12 Cristóvão Estimate the amount of MicroMegas gas needed in August and October asap  
13 Paul Order MicroMegas gas for August / October asap waiting for input from Cristóvão  
14 Paul Check the DESY Lead glass calorimeter asap to be done  
15 Cristóvão prepare the spare SBC asap  
16 Cristóvão contact the USA team and give them homework (e.g. calculation of synchrotron radiation, MMFE8 temperature read out asap to be done  
17 Paul contact the NED team and give them homework asap to be done  
18 Markus Plan the transport of the material (in particular MMs) to DESY asap CERN shipping experts contacted  
<!-- /editTable -->

Minutes of 3 June (taken by Paul)

Particle Peers

Choices to take:

  • Materials / Thicknesses of absorbers
    • Technical drawings of rails
    • Brackets available or technical drawings
  • Telescopes
    • Send around specs
    • Readout time
    • Number of planes
    • Simulation @Markus finds a G4 expert
  • Data storage
  • Analysis?

Computing:

  • Analysis
    • EduSWAN (global SWAN, Jupyter notebooks)
  • Data Storage
    • Options: NAF / desycloud / CERNbox
    • What do we store?
      • Raw?
      • Root?
    • Backed up please (NAF, desycloud, CERNbox)
    • Data transmission?
    • Copy data on a daily basis / convert to ROOT
      • Script executed by students?
    • Open access data storage?

Accounts:

  • Maybe DESY computing accounts
  • CERN accounts?
  • Functional accounts for the students if (edu)SWAN will be used
  • 4 PCs for analysis

DESY Chain:

  • To decide:
    • Scintillation materials
      • Markus contacts experts/companies
    • PMT
      • which are the relevant wavelengths -> 400 - 550 nm for EJ-200
      • anything against the available 40 mm PMTs? -> No. Sune recommends using them
  • To design:
    • Dark box
    • Optical coupling
      • Grease? Air? Optical gel?
      • Do we need a light guide? -> not for the organic scintillators. Decision for crystal pending
  • Simulation:
    • G4 simulations: Does the scintillator (<10 cm) affect the electron beam

  • Tracking (energy measurement):
    • In case of BRM usage:
      • Setup: Black box → 2-3 planes particle tracking (alpide?) → Magnet → MicroMegas → Trigger
      • @Paul ask Norbert for Laura’s beam support (tracking before the magnet)
      • Scintillators:
        • Large tails?
        • Mechanical support?
        • @Markus sends pictures around
    • In case of another magnet materializing:
      • Difference:
      • Potential of using DWC in case of not having Alpide ready

  • Micromegas:
  • Lead glass calorimeter:
    • Check DESY calo @Paul contacts Jan/Norbert
  • VME readout:
    • SBCs:
      • One is at DESY
      • Spare will be prepared at CERN
    • Alpide:
      • Integration: @Paul contacts Yi/Lennart

  • Homework for students:
    • Calculate synchrotron radiation → does it affect the experiment?

---++ Layout of the area:

  • Challenges:
    • Moving the telescope (Monday morning it has to be reinstalled at the original position)
    • Material budget in front of the shower telescope / remove black box for shower experiment?
    • Different time slicing? Do scintillator experiment first and then the shower
    • Alternative setup: BRM → 1x MicroMegas → Shower telescope (can be moved out) → 1x MicroMegas

General:

    • Discuss spares (mechanics, detectors)
    • Analysis volunteers:
    • Find volunteers (J.H. Arling, Lennart, Yi, Uwe, Mengqing) @Paul
    • Use of Jupyter notebooks with ROOT → C++ or python? @Cristovao/@Paul

-- MarkusJoos - 2019-06-13

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright &© 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback