Difference: HTTPDeployment (1 vs. 22)

Revision 222016-04-29 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Changed:
<
<

Next Meeting

>
>

Mandate

The mandate is the following:

  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Document what further functionality is desirable over HTTP, under what circumstances, and with what priority.
  • Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.
  • Summarise advice for sites on deployment. Create baseline version information for the storage systems. Identify necessary changes to supporting services.
  • Track and support the deployment on the infrastructure until the point where maintenance is transferred to standard experiment operations.

The TF motivation and initial suggestion for the mandate was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb.

Publications

Task Force Summary

An overview of the activities of the TF during its period of activity Summary of the HTTP Deployment Task Force's Activity.

Desired functionality for HTTP storage

The TF has written a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is available under HTTPTFStorageRecommendations.

A table of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage was created during the process of editing the above document. While it's not a definitive record, itwe will keep it available.

Access Monitoring

One meeting was dedicated to how access monitoring requirements could be satisfied in the HTTP case. The results are summarised in HTTP access monitoring.

Information for Sites

If you are a site administrator and have been contacted by the TF (or want to know more), please take a look at our Information for Sites.

 
Deleted:
<
<
 
Deleted:
<
<

Previous Meetings

 
Added:
>
>

Meetings

 
Line: 19 to 51
 

Membership

Changed:
<
<
The following have agreed to be involved
>
>
The following were involved
 
  • Experiments - Atlas, CMS & LHCb
  • Sites/Infrastructures - ASGC, BNL, CERN, GridPP, KIT, PIC & TRIUMF
Line: 28 to 60
  The full list of members can be found by consulting the e-group
Changed:
<
<

Mandate

The mandate is the following:

  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Document what further functionality is desirable over HTTP, under what circumstances, and with what priority.
  • Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.
  • Summarise advice for sites on deployment. Create baseline version information for the storage systems. Identify necessary changes to supporting services.
  • Track and support the deployment on the infrastructure until the point where maintenance is transferred to standard experiment operations.

The TF motivation and initial suggestion for the mandate was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb.

Desired functionality for HTTP storage

The TF has created a table of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage, available on a dedicated page.

A more detailed discussion of these requirements is being summaries in a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is being assembled under HTTPTFStorageRecommendations.

Information for Sites

>
>

TF Process for ticketing and supporting sites

 
Changed:
<
<
If you are a site administrator and have been contacted by the TF (or want to know more), please take a look at our Information for Sites.
>
>
The TF will use the probe results to contact sites and help them pass the validation. Here is the process.
 

SAM/Nagios Probe

Changed:
<
<
The TF is developing a shared SAM/Nagios probe to use in validation of HTTP storage.
>
>
The TF has developed a shared SAM/Nagios probe to use in validation of HTTP storage.
 Here you can find the relevant documentation.
Deleted:
<
<

TF Process for ticketing and supporting sites

The TF will use the probe results to contact sites and help them pass the validation. Here is the process.

 \ No newline at end of file

Revision 212016-03-16 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
>
>
 

Previous Meetings

Added:
>
>
 

Revision 202016-01-06 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
Currently not scheduled.
>
>
 

Previous Meetings

Revision 192015-11-20 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 52 to 52
  The TF is developing a shared SAM/Nagios probe to use in validation of HTTP storage. Here you can find the relevant documentation. \ No newline at end of file
Added:
>
>

TF Process for ticketing and supporting sites

The TF will use the probe results to contact sites and help them pass the validation. Here is the process.

 \ No newline at end of file

Revision 182015-11-12 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
Next meeting Wed 11th Nov 16hr CET - https://indico.cern.ch/event/459419/
>
>
Currently not scheduled.
 

Previous Meetings

Added:
>
>
 

Revision 172015-11-03 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 39 to 39
 

Desired functionality for HTTP storage

Changed:
<
<
The TF has decided to create a list of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage. This will be tracked on a dedicated page.
>
>
The TF has created a table of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage, available on a dedicated page.
 
Changed:
<
<
The result of these discussions will be a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is being assembled here.
>
>
A more detailed discussion of these requirements is being summaries in a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is being assembled under HTTPTFStorageRecommendations.

Information for Sites

If you are a site administrator and have been contacted by the TF (or want to know more), please take a look at our Information for Sites.

 

SAM/Nagios Probe

The TF is developing a shared SAM/Nagios probe to use in validation of HTTP storage.

Deleted:
<
<
Here you can find the relevant documentation.
 \ No newline at end of file
Added:
>
>
Here you can find the relevant documentation.

Revision 162015-11-02 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
Next meeting Wed 7th Oct 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/434550/
>
>
Next meeting Wed 11th Nov 16hr CET - https://indico.cern.ch/event/459419/
 

Previous Meetings

Added:
>
>
 

Revision 152015-09-24 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 41 to 41
 The TF has decided to create a list of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage. This will be tracked on a dedicated page.

The result of these discussions will be a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is being assembled here. \ No newline at end of file

Added:
>
>

SAM/Nagios Probe

The TF is developing a shared SAM/Nagios probe to use in validation of HTTP storage. Here you can find the relevant documentation.

Revision 142015-09-09 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
Next meeting Wed 16th Sept 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/434550/
>
>
Next meeting Wed 7th Oct 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/434550/
 

Previous Meetings

Revision 132015-07-20 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Next Meeting

Changed:
<
<
Next meeting Wed 15th July 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/401396/
>
>
Next meeting Wed 16th Sept 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/434550/
 

Previous Meetings

Added:
>
>
 

Revision 122015-06-18 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 26 to 26
 

Mandate

Changed:
<
<
The proposed mandate is the following:
>
>
The mandate is the following:
 
  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Document what further functionality is desirable over HTTP, under what circumstances, and with what priority.
  • Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.

Revision 112015-06-10 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Changed:
<
<

Status

>
>

Next Meeting

 
Changed:
<
<
Next meeting 3rd June 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/396676/
>
>
Next meeting Wed 15th July 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/401396/
 
Changed:
<
<
The first meeting took place at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/. Minutes are attached to the agenda.
>
>

Previous Meetings

Minutes where available are attached to the agenda.

 

Membership

Line: 14 to 19
 
  • Experiments - Atlas, CMS & LHCb
  • Sites/Infrastructures - ASGC, BNL, CERN, GridPP, KIT, PIC & TRIUMF
Changed:
<
<
  • Storage systems - dCache and DPM
  • Monitoring - WLCG monitoring will be represented
>
>
  • Storage systems - dCache, DPM, EOS, StorRM, xrootd
  • WLCG monitoring is represented
  The full list of members can be found by consulting the e-group
Changed:
<
<

Initial proposal

>
>

Mandate

 
Changed:
<
<
The suggested mandate in the TF proposal was
>
>
The proposed mandate is the following:
 
Changed:
<
<
  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.
  • Summarise advice for sites on implementing support. Create baseline version information for the storage systems. Identify necessary changes to SEs or supporting services.
>
>
  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Document what further functionality is desirable over HTTP, under what circumstances, and with what priority.
  • Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.
  • Summarise advice for sites on deployment. Create baseline version information for the storage systems. Identify necessary changes to supporting services.
 
  • Track and support the deployment on the infrastructure until the point where maintenance is transferred to standard experiment operations.
Changed:
<
<
This has not been approved and will be discussed at the first meeting.

The TF motivation was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb.

>
>
The TF motivation and initial suggestion for the mandate was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb.
 

Desired functionality for HTTP storage

The TF has decided to create a list of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage. This will be tracked on a dedicated page. \ No newline at end of file

Added:
>
>
The result of these discussions will be a document detailing recommendations and priorities for storage provides and maintainers of monitoring probes. This document is being assembled here.

Revision 102015-05-27 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Changed:
<
<
The first meeting took place at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/. Minutes are attached to the agenda.
>
>
Next meeting 3rd June 16hr CEST - https://indico.cern.ch/event/396676/
 
Changed:
<
<
Next meeting 3rd June 16hr CEST.
>
>
The first meeting took place at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/. Minutes are attached to the agenda.
 

Membership

Revision 92015-05-08 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 6 to 6
  The first meeting took place at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/. Minutes are attached to the agenda.
Added:
>
>
Next meeting 3rd June 16hr CEST.
 

Membership

The following have agreed to be involved

Revision 82015-05-07 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Changed:
<
<
The first meeting will be at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/
>
>
The first meeting took place at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/. Minutes are attached to the agenda.
 

Membership

Revision 72015-05-07 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 28 to 28
 This has not been approved and will be discussed at the first meeting.

The TF motivation was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb. \ No newline at end of file

Added:
>
>

Desired functionality for HTTP storage

The TF has decided to create a list of required and desired functionality for HTTP storage. This will be tracked on a dedicated page.

Revision 62015-04-24 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Changed:
<
<
The first meeting will be at 16hr on Wed 29th April.
>
>
The first meeting will be at 16hr on Wed 29th April - https://indico.cern.ch/event/390085/
 

Membership

Revision 52015-04-01 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Changed:
<
<
Currently finalising list of members before scheduling the first meeting.
>
>
The first meeting will be at 16hr on Wed 29th April.

Membership

  The following have agreed to be involved

Revision 42015-03-20 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 13 to 13
 
  • Storage systems - dCache and DPM
  • Monitoring - WLCG monitoring will be represented
Added:
>
>
The full list of members can be found by consulting the e-group
 

Initial proposal

The suggested mandate in the TF proposal was

Revision 32015-03-20 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Changed:
<
<
Currently finalising list of contacts before scheduling the first meeting.
>
>
Currently finalising list of members before scheduling the first meeting.
  The following have agreed to be involved

Revision 22015-03-20 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Line: 9 to 9
 The following have agreed to be involved

  • Experiments - Atlas, CMS & LHCb
Changed:
<
<
  • Sites/Infrastructures - CERN, BNL, KIT, PIC, TRIUMF and GridPP
>
>
  • Sites/Infrastructures - ASGC, BNL, CERN, GridPP, KIT, PIC & TRIUMF
 
  • Storage systems - dCache and DPM
  • Monitoring - WLCG monitoring will be represented
Added:
>
>

Initial proposal

 
Changed:
<
<
-- OliverKeeble - 2015-03-19
>
>
The suggested mandate in the TF proposal was

  • Define the minimum set of useful functions which must work for a site to "support HTTP for WLCG". Put in place the necessary monitoring and validation tools.
  • Summarise advice for sites on implementing support. Create baseline version information for the storage systems. Identify necessary changes to SEs or supporting services.
  • Track and support the deployment on the infrastructure until the point where maintenance is transferred to standard experiment operations.

This has not been approved and will be discussed at the first meeting.

The TF motivation was presented at the Ops coordination meeting on 19th Feb.

Revision 12015-03-19 - OliverKeeble

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="WLCGOpsCoordination"

HTTP Deployment Task Force

Status

Currently finalising list of contacts before scheduling the first meeting.

The following have agreed to be involved

  • Experiments - Atlas, CMS & LHCb
  • Sites/Infrastructures - CERN, BNL, KIT, PIC, TRIUMF and GridPP
  • Storage systems - dCache and DPM
  • Monitoring - WLCG monitoring will be represented

-- OliverKeeble - 2015-03-19

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback