Difference: CoreSoftwareMeetingMinutes20100609 (1 vs. 2)

Revision 22014-10-03 - MarcoCattaneo

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="CoreSoftwareMeetingMinutes"

LHCb Core Software Meeting

Revision 12010-06-10 - MarcoClemencic

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="CoreSoftwareMeetingMinutes"

LHCb Core Software Meeting

Date and Location

9-Jun-2010
10:30 - 11:45
CERN (2-R-030)

Attendees

Hubert, Illya, Joel, Karol, Marco Ca., Marco Cl. (minutes), Markus, Paloma

Subjects

News

  • The lxplus alias will change to point to SLC5 (lxplus5) on the 21st of June.
  • SLC4 support will stop at the end of this year. Joel will ask to proceed with the migration of the CAF to SLC5.
  • The access to VOADM machines is restricted to private machines, it is not possible anymore to connect to them from lxplus.
  • It is possible to install RHEL 6 beta from the advanced menu in the network boot at CERN.

Round Table

Marco Cl.

  • Added some improvements to the tools for the automatic generation of the doxygen documentation
    (https://lhcb-release-area.web.cern.ch/LHCb-release-area/DOC/doxygen/docs/LHCB_latest/doxygen/html/index.html)
    • Hubert will fix the PHP scripts for the project web pages to point to the new documentation
    • Still to do:
      • some clean-up (exclude some unwanted pages)
      • define a way to provide project-specific pages
      • try to include Dirac and LHCbDirac
    • At the moment the mix of C++ and Python classes in the documentation is confusing. Probably they should be separated. To be investigated.
  • Is there anybody preparing the specification for the Data Quality flags? Marco Adinolfi
  • We need to define a plan of action for the usage of the signal handler and the event watchdog in production.
    The options should be added to LHCbApp, but the will not be available in production until the next release of the stack. We can add the to AppConfig, but it is a bit of a problem for the maintenance.
    We also need a way to simplify the configuration that is done inside Dirac by grouping it in a ConfigurableUser. Marco Ca. will prepare the specification.

Karol

  • Slot lhcb-prerelease built using the new (client/server) nightly build system.
    Marco Ca.: it is much slower than the old one.
    Under investigation (some possible causes are already understood).
  • It is possible to get the configuration of the nightlies from Subversion.
    Marco Cl. we need to guarantee that the server and all the clients pick up the same version (in case of a commit during the run).

Hubert

  • Added a wrapper script to launch doxygen. It set dynamically the environment to call the one in LCG externals and it is possible to specify the version on the command line. It will be available since LbScripts v5r3.
  • Working on the split of the external tarballs.
  • At the LIM meeting, Stefan proposed to replace pyxml with lxml.
    Marco Cl.: we have people using pyxml. The impact of the change has to be understood before moving.

Joel

  • Intervention on lxbuild111 to replace the system disk has been successful (but they forgot to mount the data disk, quickly fixed as soon as Karol spot and reported the problem).
  • What should be done during the release of LHCbDirac to get it on CERNVM?
    Follow the instructions for the deployment.

Marco Ca.

  • There are worries about the memory foot print of the applications.

The problem is that it is very difficult to profile and understand the memory usage of the algorithms. Markus suggests, as a possible approach, to see how the footprint changes removing the algorithms one by one starting from the last one.


-- MarcoClemencic - 10-Jun-2010

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback