Difference: DataQualityMinutes080905 (1 vs. 2)

Revision 22018-09-23 - MarcoCattaneo

Line: 1 to 1
Changed:
<
<
META TOPICPARENT name="DataQuality"
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="LHCbInternal.DataQuality"
 

Minutes of the Data Quality Meeting of Friday 5 September 2008

Revision 12008-09-05 - unknown

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="DataQuality"

Minutes of the Data Quality Meeting of Friday 5 September 2008

Brunel online

Johan reports about his attempts to run Brunel on the monitoring farm. Presently it does not work because of problems with python options. This is fixed for Moore so the solution exists. Johan will investigate with the Online guys.

He defined a basic set of histograms for tracking and alignment. He will present them at software week. PK would like to have the same offline. This could end up in 500 or more histograms, which is a lot to look at. But this problem should be addressed by the histogram database, telling what should be presented by default. There will be a lot of tuning during the first DQ shifts.

Histogram presenter and database

Giacomo explained that online the presenter sees all histograms which are declared via DIM. On can then get them into the database from the presenter. This does not work offline wehen reading from a file. Additional infrastructure is needed. He will provide it.

Calibration stream

Everyone seems to agree with Philippe's proposal. Setting up of the calibration stream is not highest priority online, but we can live with the main stream as long as everything is not yet stable. It's only then that we would like to have a dataset covering long time periods. In the meantime we can do the basic calibrations using main stream files covering a short data taking period.

As for the calibration and analysis farm, we have requested it already some time ago. Marco will follow that up with IT. They will have a dedicated LSF batch queue allowing interactive jobs. We can then use the multi-core capabilities. There would be 100 GB of afs space available, plus /tmp intermediate storage. Data would be accessed from castor.

Problems database

PK presented the lists set up for savannah notifications. Muon, ST and data corruption are missing. PK will create a list for muon, investigate for ST and put the run list for data corruption.

Shifts

We now have 6 people who agreed to take DQ shifts. The main activity will be to set up tools. We decided to start with shifts after software week regardless of what happens. PK volunteered to take the first one.

AOB

What do we do with beam gas events? We should try to get a Brunel configuration that works and then test the standard production chain up to rDST.

-- PatrickKoppenburg - 05 Sep 2008

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback