Difference: JamiesWiki (1 vs. 60)

Revision 592019-09-11 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Changed:
<
<

Whats it all about

This wiki shows what I have worked on (on ATLAS) and what I am currently working on.
>
>

Introduction

 
Changed:
<
<

Teaching in Beunos Aires

>
>
I am a CERN scientist, working on the ATLAS and FASER experiments. My CV can be seen here.

Conference and invited talks

Lectures

Old stuff

Below is some (very) old information I keep for prosperity...

Teaching in Beunos Aires

 In April 2007 I went to the University of Beunos Aires for 1 month to help start up their ATLAS program A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here. The SoftwareSetupTutorial i gave can be seen following that wiki.
Changed:
<
<

Trigger work (2006-2008)

>
>

Trigger work (2006-2008)

 I worked on getting the HLT working for first cosmic datataking. In particular I worked on the ID part of the cosmic slice, which was successfully tested in the milestone cosmics datataking weeks in 2007/8 and then in the large cosmic datataking periods in 2008/9.
Line: 38 to 60
 And a talk on cosmic triggering for ID alignment at: id week
Changed:
<
<

Cosmic Simulation (2007-2008)

>
>

Cosmic Simulation (2007-2008)

 I led the development and maintanance of the cosmic simulation for ATLAS (including all steps generation/simulation/digitization and reconstruction of simulated cosmic rays). Some old wikis on getting this to work HowToSimulateCosmics.

some talk on this:

Line: 47 to 69
 
Changed:
<
<

SUSY work (2006 - 2009)

>
>

SUSY work (2006 - 2009)

 I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.

Things that I have been worked on in this context:

Line: 94 to 116
 
Changed:
<
<

Development of commissioning TAG

>
>

Development of commissioning TAG

 I have been the main developer and maintainer of the commissioning tag (TAG_COMM) which has proved to be a very useful tool for detector and software commissioning and debugging: this wiki
  • The TAG_COMM has now been merged into the TAG (see this wiki for more info)

Changed:
<
<

Offline Commissioning (2007-2008) and Prompt Reconstruction Operations Coordination (PROC) (2008-2009)

>
>

Offline Commissioning (2007-2008) and Prompt Reconstruction Operations Coordination (PROC) (2008-2009)

 Since the Milestone weeks until the mid 2008 I was offline commissioning co-coordinator (firstly with Maria Costa and then Walter Lampl). This involved being responsible for the offline software running the tier0 and also running the offline monitoring at point1, as well as for the first combined system data analysis. Various talks on this stuff are at:
Line: 127 to 149
 ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy
Changed:
<
<

Data Preparation Coordination (2010 - 2012)

>
>

Data Preparation Coordination (2010 - 2012)

 
  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2012).
  • My CV for this election can be found here
  • The Data Preparation top page is here
  • Rel 17.2 validation wiki is here
Changed:
<
<

SUSY Work in 2013 - present

>
>

SUSY Work in 2013 - present

 
  • I am currently working on the SUSY 0-lepton Stop analysis ( Stop->top+neutralino(LSP) )
  • I am trying to implement a gamma-jet control region to estimate the Z(nunu)+Jets background
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
Line: 141 to 163
 
  • This work will go into this int note
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY group co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years ( SUSYConvenerWiki )
Changed:
<
<

Particle Flow in Atlas

>
>

Particle Flow in Atlas

 
  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
  • See here for the preparation for the hadronic calibration workshop particle flow work
Changed:
<
<

LPC (2016/2017)

>
>

LPC (2016/2017)

 
  • For 2016/2017 I have been appointed as the LHC Programme Coordinator (http://lpc.web.cern.ch/lpc/).
  • I am still trying to learn lots of things about this, below is a list of some useful reading links that I hope to go through
  • Accelerator physics ( accelerators for pedestrians )
Line: 168 to 190
 
    • Write concrete minutes AIs for all meetings to make decisions transparent

Changed:
<
<

Additional things

>
>

Additional things

 
  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
Line: 192 to 213
 
  • I chaired the ATLAS Internal NSW Installation study group (March - May 2018)
  • 2018+ - I am working with Eckhard Elsen (director of research) on various tasks
  • 2018 - I am working on the proposed FASER experiment
Added:
>
>
  • 2019 - I am section leader of the EP-ADE-TK section at CERN
 
Deleted:
<
<

Conference and invited talks

Lectures

  thats it Jamie
Line: 214 to 225
  -- Main.jboyd - 10 Apr 2006
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Boyd_CV_2019.pdf" attr="" comment="" date="1568200970" name="Boyd_CV_2019.pdf" path="Boyd_CV_2019.pdf" size="51708" user="jboyd" version="1"
 
META TOPICMOVED by="PeterJones" date="1155036290" from="TWiki.JamiesWiki" to="Main.JamiesWiki"

Revision 582018-06-26 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 184 to 184
 
  • I was on the ATLAS Tau Embedding review committee
  • Since May 2014 I have been a member of the CERN academic training committee (ATC)
  • I have been a peer review referee for the EPJC , PLB journals
Changed:
<
<
  • I have been a PhD examiner for a number of LHC SUSY PhD theses (Basil Schneider, Geert-Jan Besjes, ?)
  • I am chair of the editorial board for the 2015 same-sign or 3 leptons SUSY analysis
>
>
  • I have been a PhD examiner for a number of LHC SUSY PhD theses (Basil Schneider (Bern), Geert-Jan Besjes (NIKHEF), Will Fawcett(Oxford))
  • I have been chair of the editorial board for the 2015 and 2017 same-sign or 3 leptons SUSY analysis
  • I have been chair of the editorial board for the 2017 Recursive Jigsaw WZ EWK SUSY search
  • I am on the editorial board for the 8 TeV (1km) ALFA elastic scattering measurement
  • For 2016/2017 I was the LHC Programme Coordinator (LPC)
  • I chaired the ATLAS Internal NSW Installation study group (March - May 2018)
  • 2018+ - I am working with Eckhard Elsen (director of research) on various tasks
  • 2018 - I am working on the proposed FASER experiment
 

Conference and invited talks

Line: 197 to 203
 

Lectures

Added:
>
>
  thats it Jamie

Revision 572015-12-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 183 to 183
 
  • Since April 2013 I have been the deputy responsible for the ATLAS e-planet program (with Nick Ellis as the responsible) - this program is designed to foster links between CERN and Latin American institutes and pays for researches to travel in both directions.
  • I was on the ATLAS Tau Embedding review committee
  • Since May 2014 I have been a member of the CERN academic training committee (ATC)
Changed:
<
<
  • I have been a peer review referee for the EPJC journal
  • I have been a PhD examiner for a number of LHC SUSY PhD theses
>
>
  • I have been a peer review referee for the EPJC , PLB journals
  • I have been a PhD examiner for a number of LHC SUSY PhD theses (Basil Schneider, Geert-Jan Besjes, ?)
 
  • I am chair of the editorial board for the 2015 same-sign or 3 leptons SUSY analysis

Conference and invited talks

Revision 562015-12-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 156 to 156
 
Changed:
<
<
  • Info on filling schemes etc... (to be added!)
>
>
  • Info on filling schemes doc1, doc2, doc3
  • Agenda for 2015 Evian workshop is here
  • LPC meeting for first discussion on 2016 schedule is here
  • LHC Acronyms here
  • To do items
    • Plan 2016 schedule (specifically HI running (incl pp ref), 2.5km Beta* run, 90m Beta* run)
    • Organize LumiDays and push experiments for real time Z-counting comparisons
    • Update LPC webpage
    • Document LPC steps (e.g. filling schemes)
    • Write concrete minutes AIs for all meetings to make decisions transparent

 

Additional things

Revision 542015-12-01 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 145 to 145
 
  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
  • See here for the preparation for the hadronic calibration workshop particle flow work
Added:
>
>

LPC (2016/2017)

 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)

Revision 522015-10-07 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 153 to 153
 
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
  • I was on the 900 GeV minimum bias (first physics paper from ATLAS) review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
Changed:
<
<
  • I was chair of the editorial board for the stopped R-hadron analysis and paper. The current paper draft is here
>
>
  • I was chair of the editorial board for the stopped R-hadron analysis and paper. The paper is published in PRD and on arxiv here.
 
  • I was chair of the displaced vertex (with muon) SUSY analysis - the public CONF note for this is here
  • From February 2013 - 2015 I was the scientific secretary to the ATLAS Executive Board taking the minutes at the monthly full EB meetings
  • Since April 2013 I have been the deputy responsible for the ATLAS e-planet program (with Nick Ellis as the responsible) - this program is designed to foster links between CERN and Latin American institutes and pays for researches to travel in both directions.

Revision 512015-10-07 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 47 to 47
 
Changed:
<
<

SUSY work (2006 - present)

>
>

SUSY work (2006 - 2009)

 I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.

Things that I have been worked on in this context:

Line: 127 to 127
 ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy
Changed:
<
<

Data Preparation Coordination

>
>

Data Preparation Coordination (2010 - 2012)

 
  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2012).
  • My CV for this election can be found here
  • The Data Preparation top page is here
  • Rel 17.2 validation wiki is here
Changed:
<
<

SUSY Work in 2013

>
>

SUSY Work in 2013 - present

 
  • I am currently working on the SUSY 0-lepton Stop analysis ( Stop->top+neutralino(LSP) )
  • I am trying to implement a gamma-jet control region to estimate the Z(nunu)+Jets background
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
  • See these talks from CAT SUSY meetings: 25 Jan 2013, 18 Jan 2013 and many talks at the informal 0-lepton stop meeting, and this talk at the background forum meeting
  • This work will go into this int note
Changed:
<
<
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years ( SUSYConvenerWiki )
>
>
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY group co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years ( SUSYConvenerWiki )
 

Particle Flow in Atlas

  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
Line: 155 to 155
 
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
  • I was chair of the editorial board for the stopped R-hadron analysis and paper. The current paper draft is here
  • I was chair of the displaced vertex (with muon) SUSY analysis - the public CONF note for this is here
Changed:
<
<
  • Since February 2013 I have been the scientific secretary to the ATLAS Executive Board taking the minutes at the monthly full EB meetings
>
>
  • From February 2013 - 2015 I was the scientific secretary to the ATLAS Executive Board taking the minutes at the monthly full EB meetings
 
  • Since April 2013 I have been the deputy responsible for the ATLAS e-planet program (with Nick Ellis as the responsible) - this program is designed to foster links between CERN and Latin American institutes and pays for researches to travel in both directions.
Changed:
<
<
  • I was on the ATLAS Tau Embedding review commitee
  • Since XXX I have been a member of the CERN academic training commitee
>
>
  • I was on the ATLAS Tau Embedding review committee
  • Since May 2014 I have been a member of the CERN academic training committee (ATC)
 
  • I have been a peer review referee for the EPJC journal
Added:
>
>
  • I have been a PhD examiner for a number of LHC SUSY PhD theses
  • I am chair of the editorial board for the 2015 same-sign or 3 leptons SUSY analysis
 

Conference and invited talks

Line: 170 to 172
 

Lectures

Changed:
<
<
>
>
  thats it Jamie

Revision 502015-10-05 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 157 to 157
 
  • I was chair of the displaced vertex (with muon) SUSY analysis - the public CONF note for this is here
  • Since February 2013 I have been the scientific secretary to the ATLAS Executive Board taking the minutes at the monthly full EB meetings
  • Since April 2013 I have been the deputy responsible for the ATLAS e-planet program (with Nick Ellis as the responsible) - this program is designed to foster links between CERN and Latin American institutes and pays for researches to travel in both directions.
Added:
>
>
  • I was on the ATLAS Tau Embedding review commitee
  • Since XXX I have been a member of the CERN academic training commitee
  • I have been a peer review referee for the EPJC journal
 

Conference and invited talks

Revision 492014-09-18 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 139 to 139
 
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
  • See these talks from CAT SUSY meetings: 25 Jan 2013, 18 Jan 2013 and many talks at the informal 0-lepton stop meeting, and this talk at the background forum meeting
  • This work will go into this int note
Changed:
<
<
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years
>
>
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years ( SUSYConvenerWiki )
 

Particle Flow in Atlas

  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts

Revision 472014-01-20 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 155 to 155
 
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
  • I was chair of the editorial board for the stopped R-hadron analysis and paper. The current paper draft is here
  • I was chair of the displaced vertex (with muon) SUSY analysis - the public CONF note for this is here
Added:
>
>
  • Since February 2013 I have been the scientific secretary to the ATLAS Executive Board taking the minutes at the monthly full EB meetings
  • Since April 2013 I have been the deputy responsible for the ATLAS e-planet program (with Nick Ellis as the responsible) - this program is designed to foster links between CERN and Latin American institutes and pays for researches to travel in both directions.
 

Conference and invited talks

Revision 462013-09-30 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 131 to 131
 
  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2012).
  • My CV for this election can be found here
  • The Data Preparation top page is here
Added:
>
>
  • Rel 17.2 validation wiki is here
 

SUSY Work in 2013

  • I am currently working on the SUSY 0-lepton Stop analysis ( Stop->top+neutralino(LSP) )

Revision 452013-09-08 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 136 to 136
 
  • I am currently working on the SUSY 0-lepton Stop analysis ( Stop->top+neutralino(LSP) )
  • I am trying to implement a gamma-jet control region to estimate the Z(nunu)+Jets background
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • See these talks from CAT SUSY meetings: 25 Jan 2013, 18 Jan 2013 and many talks at the informal 0-lepton stop meeting, and this talk at the background forum meeting
  • This work will go into this int note
  • I have been appointed to become ATLAS SUSY co-convener from 1st October 2013 for 2 years
 

Particle Flow in Atlas

  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
Line: 146 to 148
 
  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
Changed:
<
<
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045 (also I gave the AMFY followup talk at the PAT workshop 29/9/2010 here
>
>
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045 (also I gave the AMFY followup talk at the PAT workshop 29/9/2010 here )
 
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
  • I was on the 900 GeV minimum bias (first physics paper from ATLAS) review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • I was chair of the editorial board for the stopped R-hadron analysis and paper. The current paper draft is here
  • I was chair of the displaced vertex (with muon) SUSY analysis - the public CONF note for this is here
 

Conference and invited talks

Added:
>
>
 

Lectures

Revision 442013-08-16 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 140 to 140
 

Particle Flow in Atlas

  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
Added:
>
>
  • See here for the preparation for the hadronic calibration workshop particle flow work
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link

Revision 432013-01-30 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 138 to 138
 
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
  • See these talks from CAT SUSY meetings: 25 Jan 2013, 18 Jan 2013
Added:
>
>

Particle Flow in Atlas

  • I am currently looking at trying to improve object reconstruction and resolution using particle flow techniques - see AtlasParticleFlowThoughts
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)

Revision 422013-01-28 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 128 to 128
 

Data Preparation Coordination

Changed:
<
<
  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2011).
>
>
  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2012).
 
  • My CV for this election can be found here
  • The Data Preparation top page is here
Added:
>
>

SUSY Work in 2013

  • I am currently working on the SUSY 0-lepton Stop analysis ( Stop->top+neutralino(LSP) )
  • I am trying to implement a gamma-jet control region to estimate the Z(nunu)+Jets background
  • I am also interested in using a ttbar+gamma control region to estimate the ttbar+Z(nunu) background (also useful for other Stop -> top + LSP analyses)
  • See these talks from CAT SUSY meetings: 25 Jan 2013, 18 Jan 2013
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)

Revision 392011-03-10 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 134 to 134
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
Added:
>
>
  • I was on the Heavy Ion walkthrough review committee (2010)
 
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045 (also I gave the AMFY followup talk at the PAT workshop 29/9/2010 here
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.

Revision 382010-09-29 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 135 to 135
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
Changed:
<
<
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045
>
>
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045 (also I gave the AMFY followup talk at the PAT workshop 29/9/2010 here
 
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
  • I was on the 900 GeV minimum bias (first physics paper from ATLAS) review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis

Revision 372010-07-30 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 8 to 8
 This wiki shows what I have worked on (on ATLAS) and what I am currently working on.

Teaching in Beunos Aires

Changed:
<
<
SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007).
>
>
In April 2007 I went to the University of Beunos Aires for 1 month to help start up their ATLAS program
 A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here.
Added:
>
>
The SoftwareSetupTutorial i gave can be seen following that wiki.
 

Trigger work (2006-2008)

I worked on getting the HLT working for first cosmic datataking.
Line: 66 to 67
 
Deleted:
<
<
 4. Tiles method for background estimation for the 1-lepton channel
Line: 80 to 79
 5. Looking at effect of dead regions in the calorimeter on the 1-lepton analysis
Added:
>
>
6. ICHEP 2010 1-lepton analysis (first analysis with data):

7. We are now (Aug 2010) working on the first SUSY exclusion analysis (including both 1-lepton and 0-lepton analyses). Informal meetings on this at: http://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=2914

 
Deleted:
<
<
link to talk on 1-lepton plans for 2010: http://indicobeta.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?subContId=6&contribId=1&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=79667

Some new stuff (June 08) looking at vars as a function of production mechanism (as a practise of my Spyroot as much as anything) at PlayingWithSpyrootWiki

 
Changed:
<
<
New stuff! wiki on new note CurrentSusyWork

summer 2009 SusyCaloKilling

>
>
General CAT SUSY things:
 

Development of commissioning TAG

I have been the main developer and maintainer of the commissioning tag (TAG_COMM) which has proved to be a very useful tool for detector and software commissioning and debugging: this wiki
Added:
>
>
  • The TAG_COMM has now been merged into the TAG (see this wiki for more info)
 

Offline Commissioning (2007-2008) and Prompt Reconstruction Operations Coordination (PROC) (2008-2009)

Since the Milestone weeks until the mid 2008 I was offline commissioning co-coordinator (firstly with Maria Costa and then Walter Lampl).
Line: 115 to 120
 Link to the main wiki for this is here.
Changed:
<
<
wikis that i should get rid of:
>
>
related wikis that i should get rid of:
  RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment . RecExCommissionInDev RecExCommision142DailyLog ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy
Added:
>
>

Data Preparation Coordination

  • At the ATLAS week in Coppenhagen (June 2010) I was elected to be deputy data preparation coordinator (1 Oct 2010 for 1 year - then DPC until Sept 30 2011).
  • My CV for this election can be found here
  • The Data Preparation top page is here
 

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
Changed:
<
<
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki
>
>
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki - the final document can be found here ATL-COM-GEN-2009-045
 
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
Changed:
<
<
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
  • I am on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
>
>
  • I was on the 900 GeV minimum bias (first physics paper from ATLAS) review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
  • I was on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
 

Conference and invited talks

Revision 352010-06-08 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 127 to 127
 
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
Changed:
<
<
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis and the paper draft is here
>
>
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis the paper was accepted in PLB on 22/03/2010 some refs are: Phys Lett B 688, Issue 1, 21-42, arxiv hep-ex:1003.3124, CDS, CERN-PH-EP/2010-004
 
  • I am on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis

Revision 342010-03-01 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 7 to 7
 

Whats it all about

This wiki shows what I have worked on (on ATLAS) and what I am currently working on.
Added:
>
>

Teaching in Beunos Aires

 SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007). A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here.
Line: 40 to 41
 I led the development and maintanance of the cosmic simulation for ATLAS (including all steps generation/simulation/digitization and reconstruction of simulated cosmic rays). Some old wikis on getting this to work HowToSimulateCosmics.

some talk on this:

Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
Added:
>
>
 

SUSY work (2006 - present)

I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.
Line: 98 to 101
 
Deleted:
<
<
 
Added:
>
>
  Since then until the end of 2009 I was joint PROC (first with Maria Costa and then David Cote). The mandate for PROC is here. Link to the main wiki for this is here.

Revision 332010-03-01 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 44 to 44
 

SUSY work (2006 - present)

Changed:
<
<
I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.
>
>
I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.
  Things that I have been worked on in this context:
Line: 120 to 120
 
  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki
Changed:
<
<
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis
>
>
  • I was in the "Event display" team for first data, led by Markus Elsing. The event displays we made can be found here.
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis and the paper draft is here
 
  • I am on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
Added:
>
>
 

Conference and invited talks

Revision 302010-02-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 123 to 123
 
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis
  • I am on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
Changed:
<
<

Conference talks

>
>

Conference and invited talks

 
Added:
>
>
 
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 thats it Jamie

Revision 292010-02-12 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Line: 121 to 121
 
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • I am on the RTT review committee (2010) - see this set of wikis
 

Conference talks

Revision 282010-02-01 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
Added:
>
>
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 113 to 115
 RecExCommision142DailyLog ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy
Added:
>
>

Additional things

  • I was on the Electron walkthrough review committee (2009) - see this link
  • I was on the review of Atlas Distributed Computing system (ADC) (2009) - see this wiki
  • I was on the Analysis Model for First Year (AMFY) task force (2009) - see this wiki
  • I am on the minimum bias review committee and editorial board (2010) - see this set of wikis

Conference talks

 thats it Jamie

Revision 272010-01-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

This wiki shows what I have worked on (on ATLAS) and what I am currently working on.
Deleted:
<
<
old wikis that need to be deleted JamiesUsefulTipsWiki and JamiesToDoList, JamieTrigger1120Wiki, JamieTrigger1140Wiki. JamieTrigger1200Wiki. M6HltTrackingStudies CosmicTriggerIn13. . HowToSimulateCosmics (these are very old!).
 SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007). A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here.
Line: 36 to 35
 id week

Cosmic Simulation (2007-2008)

Changed:
<
<
I led the development and maintanance of the cosmic simulation for ATLAS (including all steps generation/simulation/digitization and reconstruction of simulated cosmic rays)
>
>
I led the development and maintanance of the cosmic simulation for ATLAS (including all steps generation/simulation/digitization and reconstruction of simulated cosmic rays). Some old wikis on getting this to work HowToSimulateCosmics.
 
Changed:
<
<
and on cosmic simulation: here
>
>
some talk on this:
 
Added:
>
>

SUSY work (2006 - present)

I have been leading the AtlasSusyCernLocal group since 2007. Meetings can be seen at this link.
 
Changed:
<
<

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon. See all CAT SUSY mtgs from this link.
>
>
Things that I have been worked on in this context:
 
Changed:
<
<
see CAT susy talk 1 (may) : here talk 2 (aug) here
>
>
1. PAT work (SUSYView and SPyRoot)
 
Changed:
<
<
Also talk from SUSY WG mtg (sept) here and from E-Gamma mtg (sept) here
>
>
2. Electron ID in a SUSY environment (2007)
  • see CAT susy talk 1 (may) : here
  • talk 2 (aug) here
  • Also talk from SUSY WG mtg (sept) here
  • and from E-Gamma mtg (sept) here
  • Finally Christophes talk from E-gamma mtg (oct) here
 
Changed:
<
<
Finally Christophes talk from E-gamma mtg (oct) here
>
>
3. CSC note 5 - 1 lepton chapter
 
Changed:
<
<
Some new stuff (June 08) looking at vars as a function of production mechanism (as a practise of my Spyroot as much as anything) at PlayingWithSpyrootWiki
>
>
 
Changed:
<
<
New stuff! wiki on new note CurrentSusyWork
>
>
4. Tiles method for background estimation for the 1-lepton channel
 
Changed:
<
<
summer 2009 SusyCaloKilling
>
>
 
Changed:
<
<

Offline Commissioning work

I am offline commissioing co-cordinator. link to the main wiki for this is here. Some talks on this stuff are: Offline Comm M4 preparation mtg (July 2007) DP - lumi block for M4(July 2007) Atlas week talk (Oct 2007) TP week talk(Nov 2007) Analysis Model Forum talk(Dec 2007) Cosmic sim talk - SW week(Oct 2007) Invited talk at Atlas UK physics mtg (Jan 2008) talk at Atlas Week in BERN (July 2008) talk at S/W on reprocessing (Nov 2008) Tier0 talk at SLAC mtg(Nov 2008)
>
>
5. Looking at effect of dead regions in the calorimeter on the 1-lepton analysis
 
Changed:
<
<
here is a wiki on RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment .
>
>
link to talk on 1-lepton plans for 2010: http://indicobeta.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?subContId=6&contribId=1&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=79667
 
Changed:
<
<
i am trying to get this stuff working in 14.2.0 see this wiki RecExCommissionInDev
>
>
Some new stuff (June 08) looking at vars as a function of production mechanism (as a practise of my Spyroot as much as anything) at PlayingWithSpyrootWiki
 
Changed:
<
<
RecExCommision142DailyLog
>
>
New stuff! wiki on new note CurrentSusyWork

summer 2009 SusyCaloKilling

 
Added:
>
>

Development of commissioning TAG

I have been the main developer and maintainer of the commissioning tag (TAG_COMM) which has proved to be a very useful tool for detector and software commissioning and debugging: this wiki

Offline Commissioning (2007-2008) and Prompt Reconstruction Operations Coordination (PROC) (2008-2009)

Since the Milestone weeks until the mid 2008 I was offline commissioning co-coordinator (firstly with Maria Costa and then Walter Lampl). This involved being responsible for the offline software running the tier0 and also running the offline monitoring at point1, as well as for the first combined system data analysis. Various talks on this stuff are at:

Since then until the end of 2009 I was joint PROC (first with Maria Costa and then David Cote). The mandate for PROC is here. Link to the main wiki for this is here.

wikis that i should get rid of: RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment . RecExCommissionInDev RecExCommision142DailyLog

 ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy

thats it

Revision 262010-01-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Changed:
<
<
I am going to try to use this as a sort of log book for what i'm doing. It will hopefully be useful for me to keep track of whats what. I am pretty new to Twiki and to Atlas so it may all be a bit amaterish for now - hopefully this will improve. some useful tips can be seen at JamiesUsefulTipsWiki.

here is JamiesToDoList for early 2007 (just so i can remember what i am supposed to be doing...).

>
>
This wiki shows what I have worked on (on ATLAS) and what I am currently working on.
 
Added:
>
>
old wikis that need to be deleted JamiesUsefulTipsWiki and JamiesToDoList, JamieTrigger1120Wiki, JamieTrigger1140Wiki. JamieTrigger1200Wiki. M6HltTrackingStudies CosmicTriggerIn13. . HowToSimulateCosmics (these are very old!).
 SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007).
Deleted:
<
<
 A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here.
Changed:
<
<

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector. A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.

I am trying to get this running in 11.4.0 as well. I hope that this will fix the region selector problems. A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki. Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki. A few talk on this stuff can be seen at: Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31) TDAq week plenary talk (June 6) TDaq week PEAS session (June5) PESA algs mtg (end of july) PES InDet (nov) PESA mtg (dec)

Lauras talk from PESA mtg (sept) : here

Also some talks by Takanori on this stuff: HLT workshop (may 3rd) TDaq week PESA mtg (nov)

>
>

Trigger work (2006-2008)

I worked on getting the HLT working for first cosmic datataking. In particular I worked on the ID part of the cosmic slice, which was successfully tested in the milestone cosmics datataking weeks in 2007/8 and then in the large cosmic datataking periods in 2008/9.
 
Added:
>
>
A few talk on this stuff can be seen at:
 (a list of all PESA related mtgs can be found here )
Changed:
<
<
And a talk by me on cosmic triggering for ID alignment at:
>
>
And a talk on cosmic triggering for ID alignment at:
 id week
Deleted:
<
<
and on cosmic simulation: here

I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in HowToSimulateCosmics

Laura has written a wiki on howto setup the current version of the cosmic slice here

 
Changed:
<
<
Here is a wiki on running the cosmic slice in release13 CosmicTriggerIn13.
>
>

Cosmic Simulation (2007-2008)

I led the development and maintanance of the cosmic simulation for ATLAS (including all steps generation/simulation/digitization and reconstruction of simulated cosmic rays)
 
Changed:
<
<
Here is a wiki showing some initial HLT tracking studies from M6: M6HltTrackingStudies .
>
>
and on cosmic simulation: here
 
Deleted:
<
<
More recent HLT talks: HLT in M3(June 2007) HLT in M3 (June 2007) HLT for cosmics(ID week - July 2007) M4 HLT results(offline comm mtg - Oct 2007) CHEP talk on trg commissioning (Sept 2007)
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon. See all CAT SUSY mtgs from this link.

Revision 252009-06-22 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 76 to 76
  New stuff! wiki on new note CurrentSusyWork
Added:
>
>
summer 2009 SusyCaloKilling
 

Offline Commissioning work

I am offline commissioing co-cordinator. link to the main wiki for this is here.

Revision 242009-01-19 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 99 to 99
  RecExCommision142DailyLog
Added:
>
>
ReprocessedDataIDNoiseStudy
 thats it Jamie

Revision 232008-11-19 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 88 to 88
 Cosmic sim talk - SW week(Oct 2007) Invited talk at Atlas UK physics mtg (Jan 2008)
Added:
>
>
talk at Atlas Week in BERN (July 2008) talk at S/W on reprocessing (Nov 2008) Tier0 talk at SLAC mtg(Nov 2008)
  here is a wiki on RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment .

Revision 222008-07-30 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 74 to 74
  Some new stuff (June 08) looking at vars as a function of production mechanism (as a practise of my Spyroot as much as anything) at PlayingWithSpyrootWiki
Added:
>
>
New stuff! wiki on new note CurrentSusyWork
 

Offline Commissioning work

I am offline commissioing co-cordinator. link to the main wiki for this is here. Some talks on this stuff are:

Revision 212008-07-25 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 90 to 90
  i am trying to get this stuff working in 14.2.0 see this wiki RecExCommissionInDev
Added:
>
>
RecExCommision142DailyLog
 thats it Jamie

Revision 202008-06-05 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 72 to 72
  Finally Christophes talk from E-gamma mtg (oct) here
Added:
>
>
Some new stuff (June 08) looking at vars as a function of production mechanism (as a practise of my Spyroot as much as anything) at PlayingWithSpyrootWiki
 

Offline Commissioning work

I am offline commissioing co-cordinator. link to the main wiki for this is here. Some talks on this stuff are:

Revision 192008-06-03 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 86 to 86
  here is a wiki on RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment .
Added:
>
>
i am trying to get this stuff working in 14.2.0 see this wiki RecExCommissionInDev
 thats it Jamie

Revision 182008-05-14 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 12 to 12
  SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007).
Added:
>
>
A list of talks / tuorials given when in Beunos Aires can be seen here.
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.

Revision 172008-04-09 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 82 to 82
 Invited talk at Atlas UK physics mtg (Jan 2008)
Added:
>
>
here is a wiki on RecExCommissionChecksAndDevelopment .
 thats it Jamie

Revision 162008-03-17 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 50 to 50
  Here is a wiki on running the cosmic slice in release13 CosmicTriggerIn13.
Added:
>
>
Here is a wiki showing some initial HLT tracking studies from M6: M6HltTrackingStudies .
 More recent HLT talks: HLT in M3(June 2007) HLT in M3 (June 2007)

Revision 152008-01-14 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 50 to 50
  Here is a wiki on running the cosmic slice in release13 CosmicTriggerIn13.
Added:
>
>
More recent HLT talks: HLT in M3(June 2007) HLT in M3 (June 2007) HLT for cosmics(ID week - July 2007) M4 HLT results(offline comm mtg - Oct 2007) CHEP talk on trg commissioning (Sept 2007)
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon. See all CAT SUSY mtgs from this link.
Line: 61 to 68
  Finally Christophes talk from E-gamma mtg (oct) here
Added:
>
>

Offline Commissioning work

I am offline commissioing co-cordinator. link to the main wiki for this is here. Some talks on this stuff are: Offline Comm M4 preparation mtg (July 2007) DP - lumi block for M4(July 2007) Atlas week talk (Oct 2007) TP week talk(Nov 2007) Analysis Model Forum talk(Dec 2007) Cosmic sim talk - SW week(Oct 2007) Invited talk at Atlas UK physics mtg (Jan 2008)
  thats it Jamie

Revision 142007-05-14 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 48 to 48
  Laura has written a wiki on howto setup the current version of the cosmic slice here
Added:
>
>
Here is a wiki on running the cosmic slice in release13 CosmicTriggerIn13.
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon. See all CAT SUSY mtgs from this link.

Revision 132007-04-04 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 10 to 10
  here is JamiesToDoList for early 2007 (just so i can remember what i am supposed to be doing...).
Added:
>
>
SoftwareSetupTutorial to be given in Beunos Aires (April 2007).
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.

Revision 122006-12-20 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 7 to 7
 It will hopefully be useful for me to keep track of whats what. I am pretty new to Twiki and to Atlas so it may all be a bit amaterish for now - hopefully this will improve. some useful tips can be seen at JamiesUsefulTipsWiki.
Added:
>
>
here is JamiesToDoList for early 2007 (just so i can remember what i am supposed to be doing...).
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.
Line: 21 to 24
 TDAq week plenary talk (June 6) TDaq week PEAS session (June5) PESA algs mtg (end of july)
Added:
>
>
PES InDet (nov) PESA mtg (dec)

Lauras talk from PESA mtg (sept) : here

Also some talks by Takanori on this stuff: HLT workshop (may 3rd) TDaq week PESA mtg (nov)

 
Changed:
<
<
Also a talk by Takanori on the future plans of this at the HLT workshop (may 3rd)
>
>
(a list of all PESA related mtgs can be found here )
  And a talk by me on cosmic triggering for ID alignment at: id week
Changed:
<
<
>
>
and on cosmic simulation: here
  I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in HowToSimulateCosmics
Deleted:
<
<
JamiesDigitizeWiki.
  Laura has written a wiki on howto setup the current version of the cosmic slice here

SUSY work

Changed:
<
<
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
>
>
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon. See all CAT SUSY mtgs from this link.

see CAT susy talk 1 (may) : here talk 2 (aug) here

Also talk from SUSY WG mtg (sept) here and from E-Gamma mtg (sept) here

Finally Christophes talk from E-gamma mtg (oct) here

 
Deleted:
<
<
see CAT susy tak: here
  thats it Jamie

Revision 112006-12-08 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 28 to 28
 id week
Changed:
<
<
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
>
>
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in HowToSimulateCosmics JamiesDigitizeWiki.
  Laura has written a wiki on howto setup the current version of the cosmic slice here

Revision 102006-12-06 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 30 to 30
  I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
Added:
>
>
Laura has written a wiki on howto setup the current version of the cosmic slice here
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.

Revision 92006-08-10 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 6 to 6
 I am going to try to use this as a sort of log book for what i'm doing. It will hopefully be useful for me to keep track of whats what. I am pretty new to Twiki and to Atlas so it may all be a bit amaterish for now - hopefully this will improve.
Changed:
<
<
>
>
some useful tips can be seen at JamiesUsefulTipsWiki.
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.

Revision 82006-08-08 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Line: 10 to 10
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.
Changed:
<
<
A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.
>
>
A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.
  I am trying to get this running in 11.4.0 as well. I hope that this will fix the region selector problems.
Changed:
<
<
A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki. Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki. A couple of talk on this stuff can be seen at:
>
>
A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki. Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki. A few talk on this stuff can be seen at:
 Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31) TDAq week plenary talk (June 6) TDaq week PEAS session (June5)
Changed:
<
<
>
>
PESA algs mtg (end of july)
  Also a talk by Takanori on the future plans of this at the HLT workshop (may 3rd)
Added:
>
>
And a talk by me on cosmic triggering for ID alignment at: id week
 
Changed:
<
<
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
>
>
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
 

SUSY work

Changed:
<
<
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
>
>
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
  see CAT susy tak: here

Revision 72006-08-08 - PeterJones

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="JamieBoyd"
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 9 to 10
 

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector.
Changed:
<
<
A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.
>
>
A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.
  I am trying to get this running in 11.4.0 as well. I hope that this will fix the region selector problems.
Changed:
<
<
A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki. Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki.
>
>
A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki. Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki.
 A couple of talk on this stuff can be seen at: Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)
Line: 24 to 25
 Also a talk by Takanori on the future plans of this at the HLT workshop (may 3rd)
Changed:
<
<
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
>
>
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
 

SUSY work

Changed:
<
<
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
>
>
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
  see CAT susy tak: here
Line: 36 to 37
  -- Main.jboyd - 10 Apr 2006
Added:
>
>
META TOPICMOVED by="PeterJones" date="1155036290" from="TWiki.JamiesWiki" to="Main.JamiesWiki"

Revision 62006-06-21 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 13 to 13
  I am trying to get this running in 11.4.0 as well. I hope that this will fix the region selector problems. A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki.
Changed:
<
<
>
>
Im also looking at running this stuff in 12series, a recipe and summary can be seen at JamieTrigger1200Wiki.
 A couple of talk on this stuff can be seen at: Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)

Revision 52006-06-06 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 17 to 17
 A couple of talk on this stuff can be seen at: Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)
Added:
>
>
TDAq week plenary talk (June 6) TDaq week PEAS session (June5)
  Also a talk by Takanori on the future plans of this at the HLT workshop (may 3rd)
Line: 26 to 29
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
Added:
>
>
see CAT susy tak: here
 thats it Jamie

Revision 42006-05-08 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 18 to 18
 Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)
Added:
>
>
Also a talk by Takanori on the future plans of this at the HLT workshop (may 3rd)
 I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.

SUSY work

Revision 32006-04-13 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 18 to 18
 Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)
Added:
>
>
I am trying to learn how to digitize simulated cosmics so we can have muon system and ID hits. this is described in JamiesDigitizeWiki.
 

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.

Revision 22006-04-13 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
 

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

Line: 19 to 19
 Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)

SUSY work

Changed:
<
<
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Not much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
>
>
I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Here is JamieSusyViewDevelopment page - Not too much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.
  thats it Jamie

Revision 12006-04-10 - JamieBoyd

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>

Welcome to JamiesWiki Page

Whats it all about

I am going to try to use this as a sort of log book for what i'm doing. It will hopefully be useful for me to keep track of whats what. I am pretty new to Twiki and to Atlas so it may all be a bit amaterish for now - hopefully this will improve.

Trigger work

I am trying to get the Level 2 trigger ID tracking to work for cosmic rays. I have got this working on simulated SR1 cosmics in 11.2.0 without using the region selector. A recipe and results for this can be seen at JamieTrigger1120Wiki.

I am trying to get this running in 11.4.0 as well. I hope that this will fix the region selector problems. A summary of where i'm at with that can be seen at JamieTrigger1140Wiki.

A couple of talk on this stuff can be seen at: Talk at PESA session of S/W week (April 4) Talk at ID software mtg (March 31)

SUSY work

I am in the AtlasSusyCernLocal group and have been trying to start of SusyView with Amir. Not much to report on this yet but hopefully will be some progress soon.

thats it Jamie

-- Main.jboyd - 10 Apr 2006

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback