Workflow Team Meeting - Oct 9 4PM CERN time

Vidyo Link

Attending

  • FNAL: Luis, Dave, SeangChan Jen
  • CERN : Julian, Andrew and Alan

Personel

Oct 2-> Oct 9 Xavier
| Oct 9 -> Oct 16 | Xavier

News

  • Possible Urgent data coming late in the week? So far all we have is a rumor that something is coming and we have no idea what!
    • Urgent upgrade, 4 new campains starting
  • Chaining AODSIM -> MINIAOD Was anybody able to make the meeting earlier today and can report?
    • 3 step redigi, next round coming ????? They know how to build it, be on alert for new failiures
    • we will also have MC WMLHE + LHE we need to change the closeout script to handle this, Julian will look at closeout script for this
  • In the end prepid is useless per task is not as useful as we thought we can use it just per workflow, but that isn't official yet, don't spend time on it yet.

Site support

Xavier's notes

Agent Issues

Redeployment plan

  • redeploying vocms234 and 202 in order to get the new WMAgent version, last redeployment cycle until we retire the machines
  • Idealy we would like to get rid of SL5 by end of Oct, we are not going to have CERN machines in time, we will start dropping the small machines, 98, 112 and 85. Once we get the new SL6 machines we will continue to retire.
  • Alan will get a backup SL6 machine at CERN, until then Alan will not use submit1
  • Right now all our production jobs will live in the same condor pool, submit2 is putting all production into the global pool to submit condor jobs with everything else.

Workflows

  • Processing string - McM change happened on Tues, As of Wed afternoon FNAL time we think we have 1 low priority WF to put in and test. But it isn't in yet
  • WF's were assigned seveeral hours ago but still sitting in assignment approved

ReDigi

  • slow... just wrapping up old work and new stuff dribbling in behaving itself
  • Jen will kill her IN2P3 backfill there and send in deletion request
  • Dave will try to get a deletion request in so we have space freed up so we can finish getting data on disk

miniaod's

  • cleared out

Rereco

  • nothing... literally

Store Results

  • some store results users contacted Luis, they don't know who to contact if there is a problem
  • we will have them open a ggus ticket

MonteCarlo

  • running smoothly

SL6 testing/backfill

  • about AFS/UI deprecation - how to run the scripts (closeout, assign, workflowPercentage, etc.) in SL6:
  • Things running through smoothly
  • Ran some low priority real work through and it closed out all on it's own everything was happy. If we ever get work I think we can put it here.
  • Dave threw in some backfill that had HUGE numbers of errors, but he expected that
  • Julian found a big MC to keep the machines busy and they are humming along nicely
  • Jen found old work for the Redigi, again, running smoothly no problems.
  • Can we think of any other testing that needs to happen or are we ready to declare victory?

RelVal Andrew

-- JenniferAdelmanMcCarthy - 08 Oct 2014
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r4 - 2014-10-09 - JenniferAdelmanMcCarthy
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    CMSPublic All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback