WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 28 Apr 2008



  • Asia Pacific ROC: Min Tsai
  • Central Europe ROC: Małgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Antonio Retico, Nick Thackray, Steve Traylen
  • French ROC: Gilles, Pierre
  • German/Swiss ROC: Clemens Koerdt, Sven
  • Italian ROC: Alessandro Cavalli
  • Northern Europe ROC: Gert Svensson
  • Russian ROC: Lev
  • South East Europe ROC: Kostas Koumantaros
  • South West Europe ROC: Kai Neuffer
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Jeremy Coles
  • GGUS: Torsten
  • OSCT: Absent


  • WLCG Service Cordination: Harry Renshall, Jamie Shiers

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: Min Tsai
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site: Ulrich
  • FNAL: Joe Kaiser
  • FZK: Sven Hermann
  • IN2P3: Pierre
  • INFN: Alessandro,
  • NDGF: Vera Hansper
  • PIC: Gonzalo
  • RAL: Derek Ross, Matt Hodges
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Absent
  • TRIUMF: Absent

Reports Not Received

  • VOs: SEE
  • EGEE ROCs (Prod Sites):

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None were given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  Primary Team Secondary Team
To France NDGF

  • CERN-ROC is COD next week , it will clean up all the many YERPHI tickets.
  • COD Portal is much better.
  • On one day GOCDB was not accessible. Firewall problem at RAL cleared but needs work to make it better.

PPS Reports

  1. ROC France: First attempt to deploy the Tarball version of WN gLite3.1 x86_64. Except a package missing, seems ok.
  2. ROC UKI Due to problems with the hardware on which the UKI-SOUTHGRID-BHAM-PPS site is installed, the site will no longer be maintaining a PPS site
    • Comment (PPS coordination): As the site was involved in pre-deployment testing, this info has to be forwarded to the test coordinator (Mario David)

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • Admins are complaining about production updates which are not checked enough. , see agenda for details.
    • See notes in Release news below.
  • ROC Cern
    • SAM tomorrow morning at 10:00.
      • Possible Broadcast is wrong for SAM downtime.
      • Is the lcg-utils on SAM the latest one.
        • John will check which version of lcg-utils is installed and UI will be synced against latest version.
      • Problem BDII config generator.
        • Problem now corrected.
  • DECH . Please can GGUS use better version numbers... Please submit a GGUS tickets.
  • Requirements for T2 to join in with upcoming CCRC08.
    • Please look at the Experiment talks concerning the afternoon.
      • DECH - Official requirements were presented at the workshop. Please could a summary be presented in this meeting. Some tier2s unhappy with suggestions that T2 are un-reactive.
  • DECH. Please can a time stamp be added.
    • It can be added shorty.
  • SWE ROCs. GGUS ticket want details for short dead line jobs.
    • Which sites should actually install it.
  • UK/I. Can downtime summary be improved.
    • Osman will look at it.

Release News

  • Please see agenda for all details.
  • Problem with gLite 3.0 -> gLite 3.1 compatibility.
  • What happened?
    • Acceleration due to CCRC08 not the cause of the problem.
    • Mistake made with PPS not being the final release. Patches vs Bundle of Patches.
      • Is something that is known we can improve on.

WLCG Items

Upcoming WLCG Service Interventions

WLCG Service Coordination

  • Preparation for next weeks running.
  • Update of baseline services , please see.
  • Is the SL4 WSM running at CERN?
    • Yes it is running but won't be running big scale for CCRC08.

ATLAS Service

  • Published full timetable of the week, please see the the timetable from the jamboree and instructions for sites at different levels.

ALICE Service

CMS Service

  • Tier2 will be stressed, please see the workshop plans.
  • Criteria to commission a tier2 for analysis and mote-carlo.

LHCb Service

OSG Items

  • GGUS:33220 is classed Very Urgent and has had no update since 7 April.

Action Items

Newly Created Action Items

Review of Open Action Items

Under control through GGUS tickets. Close this item.
Under control through GGUS tickets. Close this iteam.
Now on the SAM worklist. Nothing changed for now.
Close this.
Close this.
Details are in the user guide. But create another concerning other middleware.
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SteveTraylen 2008-05-27 While GFAL works with a multi-valued LCG_GFAL_INFOSYS variable there other bits of software that may not. e.g. glite-service-descovery, lcg-infosite, lcg-info,... . These need all to be checked for their support level. Currently assigned to Andrea but someone else should really do this...(Perhaps Steve?)

*Update Monday June 2nd*
No progress made.

*Update Friday June 6th*
3 pieces of software identified as affected.
lcg-infosites BUG:37572 , lcg-mon-stdout BUG:37571 and glite-sd-query BUG:37569

All are submitted as bugs and this item should be closed after the next monday meeting.

*Update June 11th* Savanah tickets all submitted, close here.

2008-06-11 edit

CERNROC will provide an update next week.
Small amount still to do but progress has been made. Revisit next week.

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 05 May 2008 14:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 13:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • The WLCG section will start at the fixed time of 15:30 UTC (16:30 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0157610

These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r8 < r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2008-06-11 - SteveTraylen
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback