WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 09 Jun 2008




  • Asia Pacific ROC: Min
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Antonio Retico, Nick Thackray, Steve Traylen, Harry Renshaw
  • French ROC: Pierre, Ralph, Cyril
  • German/Swiss ROC:
  • Italian ROC: Alessandro
  • Northern Europe ROC:
  • Russian ROC:
  • South East Europe ROC:
  • South West Europe ROC: Kostas
  • UK/Ireland ROC:
  • GGUS: Maria
  • OSCT: project-egee-osct@cernNOSPAMPLEASE.ch
  • Site Representaives: Daniele
  • OSG: Rob


  • WLCG Service Cordination: Harry Renshall
  • LHCb: Roberto
  • ATLAS: Alessandro

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: Min
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site:Absent
  • FNAL:
  • FZK:
  • IN2P3:
  • INFN:
  • NDGF:
  • PIC:
  • RAL:
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Absent
  • TRIUMF: Absent

Reports Not Received

  • VOs:
  • EGEE ROCs (Prod Sites):

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None were given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  Primary Team Secondary Team
From Russia France
To South East Europe CERN

  • One Russian site not responding reported by the Russian ROC. No one from Russia present.

PPS Reports

  • See description on agenda.
  • OpsMeetingPps
  • Question: Are there CREAM CE tests in SAM for PPS testing. Yes we envisage this, in fact lcg-ce tests can just be used but a new node type will be declared.

gLite Release News

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

France ROC, IN2P3-CC T1
How to publish CE authorization restriction for a VO? We restricted the access to production role for CMS and Atlas on our T1. But is it possible to publish this in order to prevent job submission from unauthorized people ?
Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SteveTraylen 2008-06-18 Check GGUS:36373 concerning advertising queues for production roles only.

July 2nd, got in touch with the job priorities work group to see if they can give a good
example of what should be done.

July 7th, there is now a massive thread which does contain the answer. The answer must
be extracted and documented next.

July16th. I've now written How_to_publish_queues_with_access_restricted_to_a_FQAN but it is unclear
to me what is wanted from the tickets that are assigned to me.

*Update 21/7/08* Now that Wiki page exists, Steve would like to close this item. Any problems should result in new tickets!

2008-07-21 edit

SW Europe ROC, PIC
Strange behavior of the SAM tests this weekend. Two SAM tests where send to the CEs within 10 minutes. The first was OK, the second failed without an obvious reason. This tests where executed at the end of a period where when the SRM tests were marked gray at GRIDVIEW. * No answer at the moment come back with response next week. * Updates reported at end of the meeting, it looks like "unspecified grid manager errors" just at PIC rather that a global problem.

Drop of Support for Plain Proxies

Only VOMS proxies will be supported after Wednesday 18th June. Please report any concerns about this to the email address on the agenda.

gLite 3.1 MyProxy

Released 2 weeks ago, know problem with starting service non-interactive shell. A solution is known and VDT will be supply new libs. See agenda for details.

WLCG Items

Upcoming WLCG Service Interventions

* TAU-LCG2 will be decommissioned on the 15th June. * PIC tomorrow from 9.00am downtime, 10 June for the whole day. * Scheduled downtime at CERN monday 16th of June, CMS, LHCb and LCG Database will be out for 2 minutes. This will remove FTS, LFC, SAM or GridView.

ATLAS Service

ATLAS asked about if availability could be recalculated as discussed last week. This will be followed up after this meeting.

ALICE Service

LHCb Service

Roberto mentioned this BUG:37563 that problems arise when the proxy goes through to many delegations. Globus fixed it two years ago. VDT are now adding the patches.

CMS Service

Reports on the agenda.

WLCG Service Coordination

OSG Items

  • GGUS:35724 - Urgent - Now solved.
  • GGUS:36210 - Opened on the 8th May. - Has been assigned to Atlas Tier2
  • GGUS:36261 - Opened on the 8th May. - Has been assigned to CMS Tier2.

Comments have been added in the internal diary for these tickets, both will be followed up in the OSG operations meeting.

Action Items

Newly Created Action Items

Review of Open Action Items

Close since tracked in Savannah.
Submit tickets to all FTS runners.
Close action iteam.
Ask the COD to look at this once a week.
No one connected , try again next week.
Nick will do something.
Will be followed up immediately after meeting.


* Downtime of CIC portal at 17:00 UTC , Wednesday. * Kostas asked about clustering of WMS. * This is coming, we will get a status report for next week.

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 


  • It was reported that while the lcg-CE SAM tests can be used unmodified on the CREAM CE a new node type will be created so the results can be distinguished.
  • Again sites asking how to publish ACBRs for Role only access to production queues, it seems there are no clear concise instructions.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, dd mmm 2007 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 14:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • The WLCG section will start at the fixed time of 15:30 UTC (16:30 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0157610

These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 < r7 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r11 - 2008-07-21 - JohnShade
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback