WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 21 Jul 2008

Summary

Another quiet week, helped by the fact that GGUS was unable to send mail for a day or so.

Attendance

EGEE

  • Asia Pacific ROC: Min Tsai
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Antonio Retico, Steve Traylen, Maria Dimou, Diana Bosio
  • French ROC: Absent
  • German/Swiss ROC: Clemens Koerdt
  • Italian ROC: Absent
  • Northern Europe ROC: Ron Trompert
  • Russian ROC: Lev Shamardin
  • South East Europe ROC: Kostas Koumantaros
  • South West Europe ROC: Kai Neuffer
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Derek Ross
  • GGUS: Torsten Antoni, Guenter Grein

WLCG

  • WLCG Service Cordination: Harry Renshall
  • ATLAS: Simone Campana

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: Min Tsai
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site: ?
  • FNAL: Catalin Dumitrescu, Joe Kaiser
  • FZK: Guenter Grein
  • IN2P3: Absent
  • INFN: Absent
  • NDGF: Ron Trompert
  • PIC: Kai Neuffer
  • RAL: Derek Ross
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Absent
  • TRIUMF: Absent

Reports Not Received

  • VOs: no VO reports received
  • EGEE ROCs (Prod Sites): Italy

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None was given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  Primary Team Secondary Team
From ROC DECH ROC Russia
To ROC UK/I ROC SEE

  • GGUS mail problem is now fixed
  • Web services URL problem is also fixed
  • The link of ticket metrics didn't work (Osman & Cyril are on holiday) prior to the meeting [but it works now! - JRS]
  • Kostas will suspend the site that was candidate for suspension (RO-02-NIPNE)

PPS Reports

  • Antonio, tanned and rested after his holiday, reported that the 2nd checkpoint meeting for the Cream CE pilot will take place tomorrow.
  • Last Friday, gLite 3.1 update 32 (FTS for SL4) was received & is being put through pre-deployment testing.
  • Glexec "light" installed & deployed in PPS. EIS support team has been informed. New feature won’t be released soon, however, due to host certificates being needed on each WN (this shouldn’t be the case).

gLite Release News

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • GGUS:28620 about WMS purger scripts updated (point raised by Kostas). Steve will check the fix, because he suspects that it may be "a dodgy hack".

  • Asked about news on the 64-bit version of CE, Antonio confirmed that no such thing was in PPS. Steve suggested asking Oliver Keeble to come next week to enlighten us as to their plans.

  • Margorzata asked whether there would be any major gLite release during the holidays when there's a general lack of sysadmins, but since the release process also suffers from reduced manpower during the summer, the short answer was "no". Antonio mentioned FTS for SL4, but nothing urgent.

  • The two documents for which comments were sollicited should have been commented on by now, and shall be removed from the agenda.

  • Guenter gave an update on the GGUS escalation tests. They had mailing problems in the morning, but in the afternoon, the Tier1 tests all went successfully, barring two (NDGF and CERN). CERN claimed that the test mail never arrived, and it seems that it was sent to seldomly used list. Diana will supply Guenter with a better address to use. The NDGF situation is under control.

WLCG Items

WLCG issues coming from ROC reports

  • Harry invited people to read the report, but the condensed version is that CMS will be doing cosmic runs every Wednesday and Thursday until further notice (and hence will generate FTS traffic).

Upcoming WLCG Service Interventions

  • None mentioned

ATLAS Service

  • Simone said that he'd brought up a few points in the WLCG meeting and would not bother repeating them here. Steve agreed that we need a mechanism to link to the reports.

ALICE Service

CMS Service

  • See above.

LHCb Service

WLCG Service Coordination

OSG Items

Rob mentioned the Purdue issue (26261), and that ticket exchange loses attachments (logs). Diana said that there were no attachments in the original ticket, so Rob will check with the originator. Maria was upset at the lack of responsiveness to the ticket. Rob explained that the manual ticket exchange with the CMS ticketing system was less than perfect and that some tickets did, indeed, languish - especially when they were forwarded to other agencies. The whole process will be reviewed this summer.

Action Items

Newly Created Action Items

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Main.OCC 2007-03-05 Example Action Item 2007-03-06 SteveTraylen   edit

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 28 JUL 2008 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 14:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • The WLCG section will start at the fixed time of 15:30 UTC (16:30 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0157610


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2008-07-21 - JohnShade
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback