WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 20 Oct 2008

Summary

Nick reminded WLCG Tier1s that FTS SL4 should not be deployed yet.

Attendance

There was a fifteen minute cock-up at the start of today’s meeting. Every few months, Nick’s access to the conferencing system gets messed up. John privately pointed out that this shouldn’t be discovered at 16:00! Nick had to create a new conference on the fly, but couldn’t re-use the usual access code.

John advertised the new access code for Nick’s real-time, new, conference via the mailing list: 0148141. There resulted a delay whilst people found it and dialled in. Meeting started at 16:15, but Steve pointed out that it was a little unfair for those sites which didn’t get the new coordinates.

EGEE

  • Sunrise, 000, 000
  • Asia Pacific ROC: ShuTing Liao
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: Nick Thackray, Steve Traylen, John Shade, Antonio Retico
  • French ROC: 0033478930880
  • German/Swiss ROC: Angela Poschlad
  • Italian ROC: Alessandro Absent
  • Northern Europe ROC: 00358503819151
  • Russian ROC: Lev Shamardin
  • South East Europe ROC: Kostas Koumantaros
  • South West Europe ROC: Gonzalo Merino
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Jeremy Coles
  • GGUS: Absent

WLCG

  • WLCG Service Cordination: Harry Renshall

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: ShuTing Liao
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site: Absent
  • FNAL: Rob Quick
  • FZK: Angela Poschlad
  • IN2P3: Osman
  • INFN: Absent
  • NDGF: Leif
  • PIC: Gonzalo
  • RAL: Derek Ross
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Absent
  • TRIUMF: Absent

LHC Experiments

  • ATLAS: Absent (apologies sent)
  • LHCb: Roberto Santinelli
  • CMS: Absent
  • ALICE: Absent

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

John had given written feedback to Nick (duplicate paragraph, but no mention of his question to Laurence as to whether the BDII problem could have been found before it was released to Production).

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  Primary Team Secondary Team
From ROC AP ROC CE
To ROC SEE ROC DECH

  • GGUS:40945 Malgorzata said that there had been no progress, the site was still in scheduled downtime. Derek will pass the ticket on, but thought that it had been resolved.

PPS News

  • Some progress on pilot service for CREAM (available at CNAF, used by CMS).

gLite Release News

  • update 34 (typo in agenda) released to Production . It includes:
    • clean-up done on LCG VOMS
    • FTS for SL4 delivered
    • Hot-fix for gLite BDII (discussed by Laurence last week, and important for sites who don’t use YAIM to configure BDII).
    • Further details on link advertised on agenda page.

Nick reminded WLCG Tier1s that FTS SL4 should not be deployed due to issues with error messages. A fix is being worked on. Angela asked whether this was also for Tier2s. Nick thought that only Tier1s used FTS. Angela will inform them anyway.

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • CE Site admins cannot fill weekly reports. Nick asked for a GGUS ticket. Malgorian said that one would be created. Osman from CIC portal said that for 10-12 October, all failures were collected and the problem is fixed (alarms from SAM).
  • IN2P3 has managed to restrict CMS access to the lcg-admin role. Steve will look at the ticket and update the page, but hoped that the answer wouldn’t be different to what he’d already said.
  • Osman confirmed that the SAM problem was fixed
  • Steve said GridMap is misusing information in its SI2K view. Glue2 has a scaling factor attribute for sub-cluster. Gonzalo says the information should be removed. Steve suggested that there was the option of re-scaling a site (non-trivial), by redefining "what you consider to be 1 at your site".

gLite 3.0 services

List of gLite 3.0 obsolete services was read out by Nick. Steve asked that the list be changed to what’s left (RB).

WLCG Items

WLCG issues coming from ROC reports

  • ROC Russia questioned ATLAS's request that sites tidy up ATLAS files, since ATLAS could do it themselves. ATLAS were not available for comment. Harry knew the person to check with, and said that he would do so. Lev will also open a GGUS ticket.

Upcoming WLCG Service Interventions

  • Check the link on the agenda page. Nick remembered that consideration had been given to using LHCb’s calendar, but needed to follow that up.

ATLAS Service

ALICE Service

Antonio reported that they’ve stopped CREAM pilot activity, focus is on CMS.

CMS Service

LHCb Service

Roberto reported that Philippe Charpentier had made a request via the GDB that access to the CESGA accounting pages be granted to more than VO managers. Is this technically feasible? (e.g. new VOMS role). Nick again requested the opening of a GGUS ticket.

WLCG Service Coordination

Harry: nothing special

OSG Items

Rob Quick mentioned GGUS:37059 (an older ticket citing a BDII problem). He announced that a new release of RGFP(?) will be deployed to solve the issue within a week. On Thursday, the GGUS exchange will be modified to make ticket exchange fully automatic.

Action Items

Newly Created Action Items

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, dd mmm 2007 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 14:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • The WLCG section will start at the fixed time of 15:30 UTC (16:30 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0157610


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-11-19 - SteveTraylen
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback