WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Tue 09 Dec 2008

Summary

Nothing noteworthy to summarize.

Attendance

EGEE

  • Asia Pacific ROC: Absent
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Antonio Retico, Steve Traylen, Danica Stojiljkovic
  • French ROC: Pierre Girard
  • German/Swiss ROC: Absent
  • Italian ROC: Absent
  • Northern Europe ROC: Absent
  • Russian ROC: Lev Shamardin
  • South East Europe ROC: Ioannis Liabotis
  • South West Europe ROC: Absent
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Jeremy Coles
  • GGUS: Torsten Antoni
  • GOCDB: Absent
  • GGUS Ticket Police: Maria Dimou

WLCG

  • WLCG Service Cordination: Harry Renshall
  • OSG GOC: Kyle ?

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: Absent
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site: Ignacio Reguero
  • FNAL: Absent
  • FZK: Torsten Antoni
  • IN2P3: Pierre Girard
  • INFN: Absent
  • NDGF: Absent
  • PIC: Absent
  • RAL: Gareth Smith
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Luuk Uljee
  • TRIUMF: Absent

LHC Experiments

  • ATLAS: Alessandro di Girolamo
  • LHCb: Roberto Santinelli
  • CMS: absent
  • ALICE: absent

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

The only feedback was static (noise).

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  Primary Team Secondary Team
From ROC SWE ROC North
To ROC CERN ROC France

  • All the items in the hand-over report are under control
  • GOCDB problem on Thursday had knock-on effects on CIC portal

PPS Reports and Issues (Antonio)

  • New version of CREAM available for pilot in Padova & Karlsruhe (of interest to CMS). Another checkpoint meeting tomorrow.
  • SL5 WN @ CERN pilot. Some Information System conflicts with differing interpretations of pre-production or production status. Roberto said WMS has bugs preventing jobs being steered purely by JDL. System config file overwrites local config, thus screwing DIRAC’s use of the feature. Roberto asked whether there were plans for any additional CEs? Discussed off-line with Antonio.
  • Small changes made to release procedures to address some problems with the fast–track changes last week.

gLite Release News

  • Please follow the link on the agenda page for all the details.
  • gLite 3.1 update 37 released last week to Production
  • gLite 3.1 update 41 in PPS testing with new version of WMS (3.1.100) with ARC CE support. Not quite ready for production yet. Also includes an enhanced YAIM Condor utils package.
  • About to release 3.1 update 38 once BouncyCastle fix is available. Contains Hydra, fixed proxy renewal mechanism, new version of VOMS cert (with .pem extension).
  • Pierre couldn't hear Antonio, who therefore confirmed that Patch 2344 which fixes FTA proxy renewal mechanism is in PPS.

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • Item from ROC France about getting their sites to correctly publish GlueHostArchitecturePlatformType. Most sites in France seem to publish i386 even if they’re 64 bit O/S. Steve thought that this isn’t for gLite to fill in, since the O/S really is either 32 or 64 bit.
  • DECH: BDII and CMS problems. Steve will keep an eye on it, but ticket is in the right hands.

WLCG Items

WLCG issues coming from ROC reports

  • None

Upcoming WLCG Service Interventions

  • Consult links on the agenda page.

WLCG Service Coordination

  • Harry had nothing to add to last week's report.

ATLAS Service

  • Alessandro thought that ATLAS won’t be able to do the “10million file test” (SRM end point stress test) before Christmas, but it might be tomorrow. Kors to decide.

ALICE Service

CMS Service

LHCb Service

  • would like access on SLC5 batch nodes to install s/w by grid jobs
  • deployment of pilot role (19 sites now (only +2 since last week)). Lyon and CNAF Tier1s still lagging. Roberto suggested that the situation could be better!
  • GridView LHCb reliability is close to 100% which is suspicious. Roberto wondered whether the SE sensor was not taken into account. John confirmed that this was indeed the case: SE & SRMv1 have been replaced by SRMv2.

Storage s/w base versions

  • Link for recommended base versions has been updated and is now the "definitive real one".

OSG Items

Maria had two tickets to discuss:
  • For GGUS:43772, Kyle thinks that ATLAS at BNL combined this ticket with another one (GGUS:44018). Maria would like an explanation of the confusion and a comprehensive answer for the Knowledge Base. Kyle will call them tomorrow for an explanation. Deadline in November was confusing for Maria.
  • 2nd ticket – 20th Nov Urgent GGUS:43840 – GOC ticket 6041 about a SLAC resource. Again, a KB entry would be useful.

Newly Created Action Items

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Main.OCC 2007-03-05 Example Action Item 2007-03-06 SteveTraylen   edit

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

AOB

No open actions, and no other business other than Steve pointing out that due to the dates for the Roman Christmas, there would be no meeting on December 22nd (CERN closed). The first one in the New Year will be on Monday 5th, although Maria pointed out that attendance might be low due to continuing religious festivities in some countries!

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 15 December 2009 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 14:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 15:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • The WLCG section will start at the fixed time of 15:30 UTC (16:30 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0148141


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2008-12-09 - JohnShade
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback