WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 22 Jun 2009

Summary

No summary yet.

Attendance

EGEE

  • Asia Pacific ROC: Jason Shih
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Antonio Retico, Nick Thackray, Diana Bosio
  • French ROC: Pierre Girard, Rolf Rumler
  • German/Swiss ROC: Sven Hermann
  • Italian ROC:
  • Northern Europe ROC: Vera Hasper, Roger Oscarsson, Zeeshan Ali Shah
  • Russian ROC:
  • South East Europe ROC: Marios Chatziangelou
  • South West Europe ROC: Christian Neissner
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Jeremy Coles
  • GGUS: Torsten Antoni
  • GOCDB:

WLCG

  • WLCG Service Coordination:

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC: Jason Shih
  • BNL: Absent
  • CERN site: Ignacio Reguero
  • FNAL: Catalin Dumitrescu
  • FZK: Angela Poschlad
  • IN2P3: Pierre Girard
  • INFN: Absent
  • NDGF: Absent
  • PIC: Absent
  • RAL: Gareth Smith, Derek Ross
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Absent
  • TRIUMF: Absent

OSG

Kyle Gross

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None was given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  c-COD Team
From ROC SWE
To ROC CE

  • Report from cCOD:
3 tickets to report for APROC. They ahve been open for 30 days or more. https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=48820 https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=48768 https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=47865

Sites Considered For Suspension
None

PPS Reports and Issues

gLite Release News

  • The grid CM packages will be released soon.

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

actually suffers the same problem than the RPM-based distribution as explained in the known issues (http://glite.web.cern.ch/glite/packages/R3.1/x86_64/deployment/glite-WN/glite-WN-known-issues.asp). In order to solve the problem once and for all, it would be enough to rebuild the tarball by applying the workaround as described within the known issues for the RPM-based distribution. For a site, the use of tarball distribution is sustainable if and only if the delivered tarball is well-built. In no case, a site should complete the tarball building process by installing missing RPMs. Once a building problem is identified, the tarball should be rebuilt by the provider itself. By the way, we think that the GGUS ticket was prematurely closed as a new (and completed) tarball was not provided. Within the french ROC, 3 sites make use of the Tarball distribution for UI/WN. They were asked not to deploy the 2 last updates because of the building problem. Does some body know how many sites are using the tarball distribution for glite-WN ? Are the french sites the only ones?

Needed a tarball with 32-bit libraries and 64-bit libraries, forcing the 64-bit binaries in the tarball. Then the tarball will be different from the rpm installation where one gets the 32-bit binaries, whereas in the tarball it will be the 64-bit binaries.

Grid Service Interventions

  • Consult links on the agenda page.

  • Planned interventions (FZK-LCG2):
    • outage: tape access on 25/6: 07:00 - 11:00 UTC * at risk: reconfiguration, reboot of several disk pools on 25/6: 11:00 - 13:00 UTC

* Integration of Mathwork's Matlab with gLite + licences Information from NA4: NA4 has been working closely with Mathworks in order to smoothly integrate MATLAB MDCS with gLite. This product has passed through an extensive trial during the past year, delivering a couple of interesting success stories (see the article in the latest iSGTW: http://www.isgtw.org/?pid=1001851).

Regarding the license schema; both the resource provider (MDCS) and the user (MATLAB gui) should have a license in order for the latter to access the product on the grid. For the grid context we have agreed that a third party license is the most appropriate which means that an installation on an RC will give access to all VOs supported by this cluster. Therefore, there is no control of who is accessing the product as long as he/she is member of one of the supporting VOs. Pricing information can be made available on request. From what we've discussed with Mathworks these prices are rather indicative which means that they would be potentially willing to negotiate them.

For any sites interested in this, enquiries should be send to: Arjav Chakravati (Arjav.Chakravarti@mathworksNOSPAMPLEASE.com) Silvina Grad-Freilich (Silvina.Grad-Freilich@mathworksNOSPAMPLEASE.com) and Ronald van de Pol (Ronald.vandePol@mathworksNOSPAMPLEASE.nl)

Gilles Mathieu

John: Maybe this should be coordinated within SA1 and NA4 so that we can go and discuss a better price for the license with Matlab rather than each site contacting MatLab directly, as suggested here.

OSG Items

  • Rob Quick will contact Maria Dimou to set up a meeting. * Discussion of open tickets for OSG OSG asked for another meting on the site email issue. I need your
preferred dates to set-up the audioconferenc. Please see comment with all clarifications on the issue in savannah.

ggus #37059 is urgent, submitted on 2009-06-03 but won't be done before the 2009-06-24. Prompted the submitter to comment on the urgency of this.

The user is not in the project anymore, but feel the issue is still relevant. So we will check progress at the next meeting.

Newly Created Action Items

None

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

None

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

AOB

New tests for CA update 1. postpone until after STEP'09. New CA will be in repository soon.

For the SAM tests as of July 1st, tests will be done not by a user cert, but by a new certificate, so certificate will have by robot: in CN

There was a boradcast on the subject last Friday and there will be a further one closer to the date.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 29 Jun 2009 14:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 13:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 14:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0148141


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2009-06-22 - DianaBosio
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback