WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Tue 07 Jul 2009

Summary

No summary yet.

Attendance

EGEE

  • Asia Pacific ROC: Jason Shih
  • Central Europe ROC: Malgorzata Krakowian
  • OCC / CERN ROC: John Shade, Maite Barroso, Maria dimou
  • French ROC: David Bouvet
  • German/Swiss ROC: Angela Poschlad, Sven Hermann
  • Italian ROC:
  • Northern Europe ROC: Michaela Mechner, Zeeshan Ali Shah
  • Russian ROC: Lev Shamardin
  • South East Europe ROC: Marios Chatziangelou
  • South West Europe ROC:
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Derrek Ross, Gareth Smith
  • GGUS: Helmut Dres
  • GOCDB:

OSG

Kyle

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None was given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator on Duty Hand Over

  c-COD Team
From NE ROC
To France ROC

  • Report from cCOD:
no major incidents this week. A discussion followed on the right place to get the C-COD handover reports. Małgorzata Krakowian will send it offline. The messages from C-COD to regional CODs should not be included in this agenda.

Sites Considered For Suspension
None

PPS Reports and Issues

  • gLite3.1.0-PPS-UPDATE 49 will be available tomorrow for pre-production sites.

gLite Release News

  • UPDATE 49 for gLite 3.1 has been released to the EGEE Grid production service. The priority of the updates is: Normal All details of the update can be found in: http://glite.web.cern.ch/glite/packages/R3.1/updates.asp (services supported on 32b architectures) There are no service updates on 64b architectures.

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • Italy and UK/I had not submitted their reports by 14:00 today.
  • No other ROCs had anything to raise, apart from ROC France who wished to point out a discrepancy in the behavior of the GridView history graphs and the SAM history pages (GGUS:49272). the SAM team will have a look at it, though they don't consider the priority as urgent.

Grid Service Interventions

  • None highlighted at the ROC reports
  • Consult links on the agenda page.

Discussion on EGEE League Table for June

Please, all sites, check your availability/reliability and take action to reach the targets. All ROCS should follow up with the sites so we get responses from all below teh targets. Ongoing request to the CIC portal to do the follow up and reporting through it. Duplication from daily CIC site reports? Those are not compulsory from SA1, maybe it is for some ROCs. We just require monthly comments from those not fulfilling availability/reliability targets. Reminder for sites showing 0 installed capacity to check what they are publishing. We are also looking at publishing new benchmark (HEPSPEC06) in the next months. Sites with only SE also publish 0; is it better to publish something else to show that it is correct or not applicable? This is difficult, to be followed up (Action on Steve)

OSG Items

  • Document on GGUS-to-OSG ticket routing was prepared for the 3rd tel. meeting with OSG on the site email issue which took place on July 1st. Agenda in indico #62962. All info will be linked from savannah #107531. Kyle says he has zero contact and influence on this issue; to be discussed with Rob.
  • ticket 48655: urgent from the beginning of May, wrongly classified before, it is urgent to have a look at it now.

Newly Created Action Items

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
SteveTraylen 2007-07-13 What installed capacity should be published for sites with only storage.


31st August - ROC should go ahead and certify the site once happy. Its a valid configuration and any problems in the monitoring or similar should be fixed.
At the moment none are expected.

2009-08-31 edit

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

AOB

  • PDC site: gLite and MATLAB, which sites when through the early experience? The two sites were in CNRS/LAL and AUTH (University of Thessaloniki). The sysadmins of boths sites have gained considerable experience in MDCS installation and provision and have been supporting the users and the trainings we've organized in the past months.

  • New benchmark, timelines? First discussions with ROC managers happened last week, presentation available here: slides Initial target (not agreed yet) to have most sites publishing by the end of the year. Is it possible to publish both benchmark values as of now, with the present schema? yes, the present schema has the capability for this, we just need to agree on how to do it so all sites publish it in the same way and can be easily collected

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 13 July 2009 14:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 13:45 UTC (15:45 Swiss local time) onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 14:00 UTC (16:00 Swiss local time).
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0148141


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2009-08-31 - SteveTraylen
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright & by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback