WLCG-OSG-EGEE Ops' Minutes Mon 25 Jan 2010

Summary

No summary yet.

Attendance

EGEE

  • Asia Pacific ROC:
  • Canadian ROC:
  • Central Europe ROC:
  • OCC / CERN ROC: Maite Barroso, Antonio Retico, Nick Thackray
  • French ROC: Helene Cordier
  • German/Swiss ROC: Angela Poschlad
  • Italian ROC:
  • Latin American ROC:
  • Northern Europe ROC: Ron Trompert
  • Russian ROC: Lev Shamardin
  • South East Europe ROC: Ioannis Liabotis
  • South West Europe ROC: Christian Neissner
  • UK/Ireland ROC: Jeremy Coles
  • GGUS:
  • GOCDB:

WLCG Tier 1 Sites

  • ASGC:
  • BNL:
  • CERN site:
  • FNAL:
  • FZK: Angela Poschlad
  • IN2P3:
  • INFN:
  • NDGF:
  • PIC:
  • RAL:
  • SARA/NIKHEF: Ron Trompert
  • TRIUMF:

Feedback on Last Week's Minutes

None was given.

EGEE Items

Grid Operator Hand Over on Duty

  c-COD Team
From ROC Italy
To ROC France

  • Report from cCOD:
Handover Log:
  • some expired tkts (ROD_CANADA, ROD_ICALG) that were solved
  • other with expiration date extended due to downtimes (ROD_NE)
  • other expired tkt from which there is no answer: ROC_CANADA - #54707 (APEL),
  • an expired tkt for SAMPA (ROC_LA) - that seems had lost the connection with the alarm, no action has been taken by ROD_LA
  • 2 tkt for CERN_PROD - both seem because of middleware probl: #53931 (CREAM-CE) has a "suggested fix" - but was not applied; #54424 - APEL problem, expired

Maite: What is the procedure when a ticket expires?
Helene: It goes to the OCC and is discussed at this meeting.

The two CERN tickets will be checked off-line.

Sites Considered For Suspension

None.

Pilot Services Reports and Issues

  • Last week there was a checkpoint meeting for ARGUS. Now all sites are up and running and a glexec-ARGUS chain is available.

gLite Release News

  • gLite 3.2 staged rollout in progress. See link for details. Tentative date for release is 27 Jan.
    Need some Staged Rollout sites for MPI - volunteers please!

EGEE Items From ROC Reports

  • From ROC DECH:
    LCG2-FZK Service Incident: Planned downtime affecting ATLAS: OUTAGE 2010-02-01 8:00 to 2010-02-05 15:00 (UTC) The dCache instance for atlas (atlassrm-fzk.gridka.de) will be migrated to Chimera.

  • From Russia ROC:
    Certificate issue from Belgrade certificate. Causes problems with dCache. Savannah BUG:61819.

Fixing MPI sites (from the MPI WG)

Dear Maite (CC. Steven)

It seems that already today some sites are starting to fix their MPI problems smile

We also got a few reactions wondering about this sudden urge to fix MPI site problems now. It would certainly help if the the ROCs receive an explanatory e-mail about the MPI Task Force mission, containing also the link with to the official documentation to MPI Support in EGEE, meaning this one:

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/MpiTools

that each ROC should distribute it to their sites.

Many people is concerned because they have followed some documentation which is also online coming from SEE Grid, and particular to certain cluster in Budapest.

There are reasons today for being optimistic, because people are fixing the issues, and mpi-start continues to work without any problem in the CREAM CE (see http://indico.ifca.es/indico/getFile.py/access?contribId=10&sessionId=1& amp;resId=1&materialId=slides&confId=249 )

However, in the timelife of EGEE we can probably only fix the current sites, and arrange properly the documentation. Any other thing like new features of the middleware will have to waitt for future developments. See here for status of mpi-start: http://indico.ifca.es/indico/getFile.py/access?contribId=2&sessionId=0&a mp;resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=249

cheers, Isabel

More information about the MPI knowledge DB: http://wiki.ifca.es/e-ciencia/index.php/MPI_Errors

No questions were raised.

Instances of out of date services in the grid

Attached [TO THE AGENDA] you can find a list of instances of services that are “out-of-date” according to the “list of supported service versions” wiki page, here: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/SupportedServiceVersions

  • Nick: Please can each ROC go through the list and pick out any of their sites. Then they should contact their sites and ask them to update the services that are out-of-date.
    Angela: What about if a site needs to keep an old version of a service for a VO they support? Do we then force sites to update or take their services off-line?
    Nick: No. If a site gives a good reason for needing to keep an unsupported version of a service, they can do this. However, they must understand that they will not get any support for this service and that if a security issue is found with the service, they may then be forced to either upgrade or take off-line that service.

Newly Created Action Items

Assigned to Due date Description State Closed Notify  
Main.OCC 2010-02-08 Wrong version detection command for the LB service. BUG:61586 . This bug duplicates BUG:55482 from 2009-09-09 09:59. So it is not corrected during 3(!) months.

UPDATE AT THE MEETING: This will be fixed in gLite 3.2 but not in gLite 3.1. OCC will follow up.

edit

Review of Open Action Items

Open Action Items

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned To 

Actions Closed in Last 20 Days

IdSubmitterDescriptionCreationDueAssigned ToClosed 

AOB

None.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Monday, 8th February 2010 16:00 UTC+1 (Swiss local time).

  • Attendees can join from 15:45 UTC+1 onwards.
  • The meeting will start promptly at 16:00 UTC+1.
  • To dial in to the conference:
    • Dial +41227676000
    • Enter access code 0148141


These minutes can only be changed by members of:

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r1 - 2010-01-29 - unknown
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EGEE All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright &© by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Ask a support question or Send feedback