EMI SA2 Weekly Meeting 20100623

Meeting Information

Actions Review

Minutes

Participants:(in the disorder, please mail me if I have forgoteen your name)

Marek Kocan, Jozef Cernak, , Giuseppe Fiameni, Andrea Ceccanti, Claudio Cacciari, Danilo Dongiovanni Gianni Pucciani, Tomasz Wolak, Maria Alandes Pradillo, Andres Abad Rodriguez, Alberto Resco Perez, Bjoern Hagemeier Anders Waananen, Eamonn Kenny, Alberto Aimar

Task Reports and Progress

TSA2.1 - Work Package coordination (Alberto Aimar)

+ Status and Progress
- Participated to the EGI- EMI meeting on repository and release. Not much to get from EGI for the moment. 
EGI will come with another proposal or will copy our proposal

+ PEB Report
- CERN accounts should being solved. Who still has no news about it?
Everybody has received information and a CERN account is been created for everybody

- Announced that the EMI repository is available and SA1 EMT agrees that will go on from there.
SA1 is filling the repository

- Templates available for deliverables, milestones and trip reports.
We should use them for all EMI related or paid trips.
Send the report to A.Aimar who will check and send them to the PEB.

+Issues to Discuss
- Who still has no information on (lack of) participation?
All tasks reported that the partner are participating.
No news from GRNET and CESNET A.Aimar will ask for news.

+ Step for Next Week
- Deliverable DSA2.1 is now really urgent. Internal review in SA2 and the circulation.

- M2 - DSA2.1 - Quality Assurance Plan (task 2.2) 
Reviewers: Francesco Giacomini (SA1), Andrea Ceccanti (JRA1)

- M3 - DSA2.2.1 - QA Tools Documentation (task SA2.4) 
Reviewers: to be defined


D.Dongiovanni asked which is the contribution for the deliverable. A.Aimar replied 
that the SQAP is not for TSA2.6.The tasks should do the proposals even if is not for 
the deliverables. 

TSA2.2 - Quality Assurance Process Definition and Monitoring (Maria Alandes Pradillo)

+ Status and Progress

- Second draft of SQAP sent to Technical area leaders + WP leaders + Release Manager
- Started to write down the SQAP document along the EMI template. 
- Started to collect information about status of the Minimum Documentation
 Requirements for gLite, ARC, Unicore and dCache for the first periodic QA report. 
gLite and ARC already done. 
Would be good to have some metrics defined early but otherwise we will do with 
what metrics we can generate at Q1
 
+ Issues to Discuss
 - None
 
+ Steps Next Week
- Get first version of the SQAP approved by PEB or at least get feedback to improve it.

TSA2.3 - Metrics and KPIs Definition and Reporting

+ Status and Progress
We are currently writing up a page on metrics based on the proposal
document and existing metrics, taking into account the evolution of the project:

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/TSA23contributionToDSA41

M.Alandes asked why are we asking the metrics as we should be define them.
E.Kenny replied that the metrics need to be useful for us and involve the 
PTs at the same time as the improvements will be asked to the PTs. 
Some will be code metrics, other process metrics. Some metrics will be from developers
others from QA needs. Covering different needs.

L.Dini also noted the difference between measurements and metrics,
which are often derived out of measurements.

A.Aimar recommended that all tech. documents use the templates from the 
EMI deliverable so that will be easier to cut an paste into EMI official documents.


+ Issues to Discuss
We must have faster feedback from product teams.
If anyone in SA2 is associated with the product teams, please inform
them of our requirements.

+ Steps Next Week
Continue to expand out the list of metrics.
More background reading and information gathering.
Complete survey and write up results, taking top 3 metrics of each
product team into account.
Insert programming language statistics into the the SA2.4 tools inventory.

TSA2.4- Tools and Repositories Selection, Maintenance and Integration

+ Status and Progress
- EMI repository control given to SA1
- Tools Plan document under preparation. Several product teams have replied.
 A set of scenarios will be proposed and sent to the other WPs and if necessary to the PEB.
The PTs did not have any feedback on metrics. Not many are giving feedback.
maria proposed that the partners in SA2 can collect from ARC and UNICORE. 
G.Fiameni proposed that the same metrics are used for all PTs.
G.Pucciani noted that for the moment the metrics are usefull to improve the products 
not necessarily to compare the product. 

- Discussion on virtualization with CERN people. At CERN we will evaluate the virtualization 
service that is been put in place.

+ Issues to Discuss
NONE

+ Steps Next Week
- Get feedback on the plan and then start the work

Open Issue: GRNET participation

TSA2.5 - QA Implementation Review and Support

Status:
Task slowly started
The main point is to now follow the definition in the other tasks and whether 
they are measurable and collected in a systematic way. 

G.Fiameni noted SA1 QC has to control the quality constantly. And this 2.5 task 
will review and help them to comply to the QA. SA1 QC will also report whether 
some metrics need to be modified.

Open issue: clarify the task 2.5 with the PO

Discuss:
minimal requirement for QA reviews  before the first reporting period

Next:
Steps for the next week provide more detail input for SA2.2 
Collect minimal requirements for QA

TSA2.6 - Testbeds Setup, Maintenance and Coordination

+ Status and Progress
We had a meeting with developers on Monday with minutes here
https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/TSA26
Still waiting for contributions from JRA1, SA1, which are expected to 
come with PTB decisions on M2.
By the way, there is a preliminary agreement about proposed 
approach/implementation model.

D.Dongiovanni asked how to do with tasks depending on decisions from 
other activities. L.Dini suggested that A.Di Meglio said that we just move 
on with pour proposals.

Open Issue: Mandatory Platforms? SL5 64 bits? A clear calendar is needed. 
Open issue: Who is supporting the WN, UI, maui , LSF and other products? 
Who provides the resources? 

For end of July will participate to the meeting with NGIs who agreed to provide 
50 cpus for the EMi testbed.

Availability and reliability of the testbed and of the service must be clarified. 

+ Issues to Discuss
- CESNET Contribution to task
- What contribution are expected for SA2 Quality plan deliverable?
- testbed twiki and on line material: under sa2.6 section or should we 
set up a different place?
+ Steps Next Week
- Integrate draft with collected feedback from developers
- Assign tasks in savannah and start working on them.

Issue and Topics to Discuss 25'

  • AOB
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2010-06-28 - AlbertoAimar
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EMI All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback