EMI SA2 Weekly Meeting 20100721

Meeting Information

Actions Review

  • No due actions.

Open Issues

  • GRNET participation

  • Mandatory Platforms? SL5 64 bits? A clear calendar is needed.

NOT DONE. Will become an open issues for the PEB or the PTB. For now all currently supported by the middleware are supported (separately). A process for adding new platforms will be defined at the PTB

Danilo will collect the platform supported by the different testbeds . UNICORE has only a server per service therefore only supports on platform at a time

  • Platform for EMI0?

We should ask to the EMT. Maria will prepare the list of things to transfer to the EMT.

  • Who is supporting the WN, UI, maui , LSF and other products? Who provides the resources?

WN and UI by SA1 EMT
NOT DONE for LSF, and batch system:. Need to become an open issues for the PEB or the PTB

  • BDII with cross middleware resources ? (glite sees ARC CE, Unicore?)

  • And some kind of "dteam" VO for testing services and testbeds? Are the certificates valid on all middleware? Some common trusted CA?
Anders reported that ARC confirmed that are using ITGF certificates and proxies. They resign the packages for Fedora and Debian.

Danilo will check whether some kind of common DTEAM VO can be supported by all middleware. And make a proposal that sites support this VO. WIll also check for later for the large scale testbed.

  • All Hand Meeting end of September, early October (Prague?)

Minutes

Participants:(in the disorder, please mail me if I have forgotten¨ your name)

Marek Kocan, Jozef Cernak, Giuseppe Fiameni, Andrea Ceccanti, Claudio Cacciari, Danilo Dongiovanni Gianni Pucciani, Tomasz Wolak, Maria Alandes Pradillo, Andres Abad Rodriguez, Alberto Resco Perez, Bjoern Hagemeier Anders Waananen, Eamonn Kenny, Zdenek Sustr, Michele Carpene', Alberto Aimar

Task Reports and Progress

TSA2.1 - Work Package coordination (Alberto Aimar)

+ Status and Progress
- Participated to discussion for the SQAP on metrics
- All Hands meeting will be end September early October (Prague probably)
- PEB discussed details into the Software Quality Plan. 
Agreement is that there will be a set of satellite "guidelines" 
documents (Packaging, Release, Build, etc)
- ITIL Glossary still to make

+ Deliverables and Milestones
- Deliverable DSA2.1 should contains details on the quality factors and metrics. 
- Satellite documents on the SA public page.

TSA2.2 - Quality Assurance Process Definition and Monitoring (Maria Alandes Pradillo)

+ Status and Progress

- Phone conference organised on 16.07.2010 to review Metrics.
- Version 6 of SQAP produced yesterday. 
Attached in https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/TSA22.
- Start writing https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/EmiSa2ChangeManagementGuidelines

Targets and steps to reach them are not really known until 
we measure some of the metrics on the products

We need to review the metrics for language specific data.

+ Issues to Discuss
None

+ Steps Next Week
- Finish Change Management Guidelines.
- Apply any changes that may be requested after PEB reads the SQAP.

TSA2.3 - Metrics and KPIs Definition and Reporting

+ Status and Progress
    - Meeting 16th to discuss Internal Metrics Report, specifically 
     to discuss chapter 5 to be added to SQAP.
    - All changes now incorporated.

+ Issues to Discuss
    - None due to absense
    - however, fitting each metric into the quality factors categories is difficult.

+ Steps Next Week
    - small changes to internal document needed, not affecting SQAP.
    - Await feedback after metrics incorporated into SQAP, 
       before changing metrics any further.
    - Investigate metric tools inclusion for SA2.4.
    - POSIX test-suite needs a full investigation.

TSA2.4- Tools and Repositories Selection, Maintenance and Integration

- We are still integrating the feedback received for the proposal
- Preparing machines to install a new ETICS instance for the project

All middleware will be built in ETICS. 
But for ARC and UNICORE will not be as often as gLite. 
ARC and UNICORE will be built from time to time to get metrics 
and runt tests etc. 
Their continous integration will be probably on their systems?

The Valgrind plugn is useful when the tests are executed 
not as static analysis. Needs to be clarified.

TSA2.5 - QA Implementation Review and Support

No report.

TSA2.6 - Testbeds Setup, Maintenance and Coordination

+ Status and Progress
- Planning a SA2.6 Meeting next Monday 15:00, to check status of testbed. 
CANCELLED people not available.

- task 16337- filling servers logbook. Many still missing.
- PT squads. Gianni Pucciani created squads using contact on emi twiki for PT.
- TESTBED BDII configuration. : 
-  BDII with cross middleware resources ? (glite sees ARC CE, Unicore?). 
it seems that glue2.0 based system can be published. 
Waiting for email feedback from Unicore/Arc members .
There is a problem of contributions and information about BDIIs

- Danilo started working on deliverable.

+ Issues to Discuss
- any updates about PTB  document defining list of services and platforms?
- using dteam on all services.

+ Steps Next Week
- task 16337- filling servers logbook. Many still missing.
- TESTBED BDII configuration.
- on with deliverable.
- monitoring: ARC, CESNET using NAGIOS?

Issue and Topics to Discuss 25'

  • AOB
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2010-07-28 - AlbertoAimar
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EMI All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright &© 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback