EMI SA2 Weekly Meeting 20100818

Meeting Information

Actions Review

  • No due actions.

Open Issues

  • GRNET participation

  • Mandatory Platforms? SL5 64 bits? A clear calendar is needed.

NOT DONE. Will become an open issues for the PEB or the PTB. For now all currently supported by the middleware are supported (separately). A process for adding new platforms will be defined at the PTB

Danilo will collect the platform supported by the different testbeds . UNICORE has only a server per service therefore only supports on platform at a time

  • Platform for EMI0?

We should ask to the EMT. Maria will prepare the list of things to transfer to the EMT.

  • Who is supporting the WN, UI, maui , LSF and other products? Who provides the resources?

WN and UI by SA1 EMT
NOT DONE for LSF, and batch system:. Need to become an open issues for the PEB or the PTB

  • BDII with cross middleware resources ? (glite sees ARC CE, Unicore?)

  • And some kind of "dteam" VO for testing services and testbeds? Are the certificates valid on all middleware? Some common trusted CA?
Anders reported that ARC confirmed that are using ITGF certificates and proxies. They resign the packages for Fedora and Debian.

Danilo will check whether some kind of common DTEAM VO can be supported by all middleware. And make a proposal that sites support this VO. WIll also check for later for the large scale testbed.

  • All Hand Meeting end of September, early October (Prague?)

Minutes

Participants:(in the disorder, please mail me if I have forgotten¨ your name)

Marek Kocan, Jozef Cernak, Giuseppe Fiameni, Andrea Ceccanti, Claudio Cacciari, Danilo Dongiovanni Gianni Pucciani, Tomasz Wolak, Maria Alandes Pradillo, Andres Abad Rodriguez, Alberto Resco Perez, Bjoern Hagemeier Anders Waananen, Eamonn Kenny, Zdenek Sustr, Michele Carpene', Alberto Aimar

Task Reports and Progress

TSA2.1 - Work Package coordination (Alberto Aimar)

+ Status
- F2F PEB in Milan 2 days next week. I would like to receive issues with other activities or the project in general. I will add them to the wiki page of To Do/Issues.
- All Hands meeting changed date: early November (prob Prague)
- Prepared the Quarterly Report, thanks to the TLs
- Uploaded the DSA2.1 deliverable, will be difficult to put targets for the metrics (need language specific to have more metrics on the code)

- Deliverables and Milestones
DSA2.1 - Software  Quality Assurance Plan
DSA2.2 - QA Tools Documentation
DSA2.3 - Periodic QA Reports  
DSA2.4 - Continuous Integration and Certification Testbeds

MSA2.2 - Continuous integration and certification testbeds in place 
MSA2.3 - Large-scale acceptance certification testbeds are in place 

+ Next Steps
- We need to do some planning for next quarters for all tasks and present it to the F2F PEB.

TSA2.2 - Quality Assurance Process Definition and Monitoring (Maria Alandes Pradillo)

+ Status and Progress

SQAP
-----
- No comments for SQAP received.
- Final deadline is 19.08.2010.
- Only deadlines for guidelines to be added.

QA report deliverable
----------------------
- No work done during the last week.

Change Management guidelines
-----------------------------
- Waiting for Francesco to work on his deliverable.
- No other feedback received.

+ Issues to Discuss
 
None
 
+ Steps Next Week

- Work on QA deliverable.
- Finish Change Management guidelines.

TSA2.3 - Metrics and KPIs Definition and Reporting

+ Status and Progress

 - Software QA (Testing and Metrics) Task-force meeting last week. Attendence was poor.
 - Since the agreement to use ETICS to build each middleware this has cleared up much of the build related metric definitions.
 - We have expanded out the threshold, availability and metric calculation (formulas) for each metric.

+ Issues to Discuss

 - We need discuss/feedback from ARC, dCache and UNICORE regarding what they can provide in bugtracking. 
 - We know ARC has similar severity levels definitions (info from Oxana). Detection areas, bug states?

+ Steps Next Week

 - Define metric calculations and availability in internal metrics document v0.15.
 - Finish the bug tracking related metric descriptions.
 - Pass complete metric definitions to SA2.2.

TSA2.4- Tools and Repositories Selection, Maintenance and Integration

+ Status and Progress
  - Integration task-force meetings
  - EMI Integration proposal defined and written down. Waiting for feedback

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/EmiSa2ConfigurationIntegrationGuidelines

  - Participated to Metrics task-force
  - Work started on DSA2.2.1: QA Tools Documentation
  - ETICS Client 1.4.14-1 released
  - JIRA update performed, next Thu a new version will be deployed
  - ETICS WNs: Number of slots has changed for performance tuning
  - ETICS 3.0 release preparation. Tomorrow afternoon releasing.
  - Work on ETICS plugin for RPMLint
  - Valgrind feedback reported to SA2.3
  - Usual ETICS Support
  + Issues to Discuss
  - CERN JIRA purpose in EMI

  + Steps Next Week
  - Complete DSA2.2.1
  - ETICS 3.0 release

TSA2.5 - QA Implementation Review and Support


TSA2.6 - Testbeds Setup, Maintenance and Coordination


+ Status and Progress
- deliverable DSA2.4 and Milestone MS23. The last
  versions are available for review in the task twiki:
  https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/TSA26

+ Issues to Discuss
- cont. working on task#16337 (testbed setup)
    - dCache: some more tests of dCache availability from CERN,
      few issues to resolve
    - UNICORE - waiting for hardware (available in about two weeks)

+ Steps Next Week
- cont. working on task#16337 (testbed setup)

- I will be off for two weeks, and since Danilo is on holidays please
contact Alberto Aimar in case of something urgent, or send e-mail to sa2
mailing list.

Issue and Topics to Discuss 25'

  • AOB
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2010-08-24 - AlbertoAimar
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EMI All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright &© 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback