Task SA2.6 Testbeds Setup, Maintenance and Coordination

Task Description

Setup and maintenance of distributed testbeds for the project continuous integration and testing operations
Coordination and provision of larger-scale testbeds from collaborating resource providers.
Success criteria for this task are the availability and reliability metrics of the execution nodes



Note: The deliverables have moved here:




05312010_SA2.6 Meeting: 1430. Minutes
06142010_SA2.6 Meeting: 1500. Minutes06142010
06212010_SA2.6 Meeting: 1500. Minutes06212010
07052010_SA2.6 Meeting: 1500. Minutes07052010
10012010_SA2.6 Meeting: 1400. Minutes10012010


-05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- Danilo, form for collecting information actual testbeds resources and practices.(DONE)
-05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Tomasz, Gianni, Björn, Josef, Kocan (compile the Testbed description form), provide feedback on testbed situation survey.(DONE)
-05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- Alberto: provides feedback on platform requirements(DONE- SEE ACTION BELOW)
-05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A4- Danilo: draft proposal on testbeds implementation model(DONE)
-06142010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- Danilo: writes down questions for JRA1/SA1 (DONE)
-06142010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Danilo: opens savannah tasks (DONE)
-06142010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- Björn: ask for info about ICM contribution (PENDING)
-06212010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- Danilo: will get info about PTB document defining list of services and platforms (DONE).
-06212010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Danilo: will revise draft according to feedbacks and assign tasks in savannah (DONE)
-06212010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- Danilo will contact PT to define the testbed squad for savannah (DONE) .
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- Tomasz, sends Danilo, dcache contact. Danilo contacts DESY to know their intentions.(DONE)
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- At CNAF Danilo will add voms instances and storm instance (DONE).
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- (Jozef, Bjorne, Valtri): fill twiki mentioned in task #16337 (DONE)
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A4- (Jozef, Bjorne) : send feedback about bdii configuration and testbed resources publishing (DONE)
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A5- (Tomas): configuration of cern top-bdii to publish glite EMI testbed (PENDING)
-07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A6- (Gianni): creating squads with PT mailing list (DONE).
-10012010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- (Tomasz, Bjorn, Marek ) Setup of bdii for 3 middleware publishing: 1. just production services, reachable from all sites; 2. If needed we will separate RC versions in a different bdii (Owen suggests to wait for this extra effort, until we're sure it is needed)
-10012010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Tomasz: TESTBED STATUS dashboard: asks for a solution at nagios people and come back with more info about requirements.
-10012010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- (Tomasz, Bjorn, Marek, Danilo, Owen ): populate the GGUS support unit mailing list - each participating site sends Danilo either a mailing list or >=1 mail accounts.
-10012010_SA2.6 Meeting -A4- Danilo: PREPARE A TABLE with SERVICES * PLATFORMS * SITES, putting together info in the https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/DeliverableDNA131 deliverable with info about the possibility to deploy on same server.
-10012010_SA2.6 Meeting -A5- Danilo: registering VO testers-emi-eu.eu in the CIC portal

Progress on Actions

ACTION -05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- TESTBED SURVEY FORM AVAILABLE below ACTION -05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Tomasz, Gianni, Björn, Josef, Kocan (compile the Testbed description form), provide feedback on testbed situation survey SurveyResults
ACTION -05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A4- Danilo: draft proposal on testbeds implementation model:
First draft of Testbed implementation model, sent to SA2.6 participant. Will set up a meeting for feedbacks.
ACTION -06142010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- Danilo: writes down questions for JRA1/SA1 : SENT MAIL, WILL COLLECT FEEDBACKS
ACTION -05312010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- Alberto: provides feedback on platform requirements ( question included in mail above)
ACTION -06212010_SA2.6 Meeting -A2- Danilo: will revise draft according to feedbacks and assign tasks in savannah. Still waiting for some feedbacks but started assigning tasks in savannah to track work. Submitted Savannah tasks under group EMI-SA2 deriving from proposed draft plan of testbed implementation and started working on them. (high priority 16285, 16300, 16304, 16305, 16306, 16337, 16307; medium priority 16308, 16309; low priority 16311,16310, 16301)
ACTION -06212010_SA2.6 Meeting -A3- replaced by Action -07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A6-
ACTION -07052010_SA2.6 Meeting -A1- dcache people answered they have some HW available. Patrick (Data SW Area Manager) must confirm availability)


For any support request, question or information you can contact task members at SA2.6 mailing list: emi-sa2_NOSPAM_@_NOSPAM_eu-emi.eu

EMI Testbed links

Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Unknown file formatodt EMI-SA26-TESTBEDS_IMPLEMENTATION_PROPOSAL_DRAFT_1.0.odt r3 r2 r1 manage 47.1 K 2010-06-15 - 09:47 DaniloDongiovanniExCern First draft of Testbed implementation model. Updated regarding involvement of SW Area leaders rather than PT leaders.
Microsoft Word filedoc EMI_DSA2.4_Integration_Testbeds.doc r1 manage 188.5 K 2010-08-03 - 10:10 DaniloDongiovanniExCern First draft of deliverable DS2.4 circulated to SA2 list on 2010_07_28
Microsoft Word filedoc EMI_DSA2.4_Integration_Testbeds_revised.doc r1 manage 225.5 K 2010-08-05 - 08:51 DaniloDongiovanniExCern Revised version on 08052010
Microsoft Word filedoc EMI_MS23_SA2.2.doc r1 manage 156.5 K 2010-08-05 - 08:52 DaniloDongiovanniExCern First version 08052010
PDFpdf Testbed_survey.pdf r1 manage 39.9 K 2010-06-01 - 17:49 DaniloDongiovanniExCern Testbed survey form for action A1-SA2.6 Meeting 05312010
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r24 < r23 < r22 < r21 < r20 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r24 - 2011-11-10 - TomaszWolak
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    EMI All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright &© 2008-2023 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback