Video meeting 22.01.2014

Participants

Ben Jones - CERN (chair)

Andreas Petzold - KIT

Pavel Weber - KIT

Jan Engels - DESY

Yves Kemp - DESY

Tim Skirvin - FNAL

Frederic Schaer - CEA

Pierre-Francois Honore - CEA

Secret management

Has some priority for some sites (e.g. CERN, DESY) DESY has a student working on a specs document, document will be translated and circulated around. Ben points out that some parts of a secret management are rather site specific. Common interest in continuing this effort. Some sites say that secret management is currently not their highest priority, but that they would be interested to later use tools that have been identified or developed.

Preparation of Annecy workshop

It is probably too early to discuss concrete presentations, as it is not yet which site and which person will attend. No need was seen for a dedicated track on Puppet. If there are related presentations, they can be in the usual infrastructure track.

Middleware

The group might contact for information purpose:
  • Middleware readiness group
  • EGI ops
  • DPM developers

It was felt that a common GIT repo with middleware modules would be most beneficial for people looking for modules as it is one common place. Ben will look at github.io to see if we could do a page of links to repos that was linked to github. Otherwise a github that forked / pointed to middleware modules that exist in the community. This is not supposed to be a central repo (yet), it's supposed to be links to already existing modules.

The concern of publishing sites is however that users will ask them for support. However, the only support that can be provided is on a best-effort basis, as no manpower is foreseen to support users. It is also clear that the scope of such modules is different from e.g. the YAIM configuration. Whereas YAIM aims at configuring a whole stack of middleware basically from a scratch installation, the modules in the repository need skilled administrators that can evaluate modules and can adapt them to their infrastructure.

Ben will create a repository and contact DPM developers.

AOB

Frederic noticed that puppet-librarian is not working correctly on Windows

Next meeting

Yves will set up a doodle to find out the best fitting weekday for future meetings

-- YvesKemp - 24 Jan 2014

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2014-02-03 - YvesKemp
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    HEPIX All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback