LHCb Core Software Meeting

Date and Location

02-Mar-2011
10:30 - 11:15
CERN (2-R-030)

Attendees

Gloria, Hubert, Illya, Joel, Karol, Marco Ca., Marco Cl. (minutes), Paloma, Rob

Subjects

News

  • Major problems in the nightly builds since Monday: bizarre logs, disappearing files...
    We discussed a bit the issue and the symptoms, putting on the table ideas and suggestions. The main decision is to stop all the nightlies and start only lhcb-prerelease which is the most urgent.

Round Table

Joel

  • lxbuild156 has been migrated to SLC5 and should be usable (still pending a problem of service class, vobox vs. lxbuild)
  • bash will be the default shell for new users starting from the 15th of March.
  • Transparent migration of the e-groups system on Monday (just a minor problem with notifications already fixed).

Marco Ca.

  • Problems with Ganga and the new Gaudi: the reorganization of the InstallArea caused problems with the creation of the input sandbox.
    • Ganga developers would prefer to have a tool to prepare the input sandbox managed by LHCb.
    • Hubert started to work on such a tool, but stopped because of lack of time.

Paloma

  • New Tag Collector savannah page
  • The Tag Collector is reported to be very slow, most probably because of the AFS problems.
    • A possible solution is to install the Tag Collector in a local director y on one of our lxbuild machines (as we do for the Coverity Integration Manager). Joel will prepare a machine to test as soon as he can.

Hubert

  • The configuration file of the nightly builds should be moved to an independent SVN repository: currently it doesn't fit in the scheme of the LHCb repository.
    • We agreed to do it (not high priority), but it should be done carefully, synchronizing with all the party involved.

Gloria

  • General problems in DecFiles: we need a way to clen up obsolete/deprecated event types
    • We require some integrity checks in the bookkeeping database, essentially the event types not present in a new release of DecFiles should be removed from the bookkeeping database if there is no production that uses them (Joel will look into it).
  • Problem with the installation of the include files for out build of Geant4 because of the reorganization of the InstallArea. Hubert will help to adapt the scripts that do the copy.

Illya

  • Modified the CondDBUI function that get all the tags for a given folder in the CondDB to use all the cores of a machine (using Python multiprocessing), making the CondDBBrowser more responsive when asking for the list of tags.

Rob


-- MarcoClemencic - 02-Mar-2011

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2011-03-02 - MarcoClemencic
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    LHCb All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback