LHCb Core Software Meeting

Date and Location

30-May-2012
10:30 - 11:10
CERN (2-R-030)

Attendees

Gloria Corti, Illya Shapoval, Joel Closier, Marco Cattaneo, Marco Clemencic (minutes), Markus Frank, Thomas Hartmann (Vidyo)

Subjects

News

  • CHEP 2012:
    • paper submission deadline extended to the 22nd of June
  • A new Fellow will start on Friday, working with Ben on optimizations and benchmarking tools

Marco Cl. suggests that we dedicate a bit of time next week to report ideas from CHEP.
Marco Ca. said that Ben was suggesting a review of the "Programme of Work", we can extend the next meeting (starting earlier) to also do that. Marco Cl. will check with Ben and call the meeting.

Round Table

Marco Cl.

  • Working on CMake configuration: porting of GaudiObjDesc (starting from Pere's version)
  • GaudiObjDesc needs clean up, can we move it to Gaudi?
    • Better not to, because in LHCb is tested better.
    • Marco Cl. will do the clean up within LHCb and use a copy in Gaudi to work on the CMake version.
  • New ROOT due in a couple of days
  • Plan for new Gaudi (v23r3):
    • apply the 2 pending patches
    • merge in the trunk the prototype CMake configuration (it will not be safely usable by other projects yet)
    • aim for a release (or tag) by the end of next week (well before LHCb)
  • During CHEP, Benedikt asked if they can try to inject in Gaudi some of the Multi Core Workshop ideas.
    • We will organize a meeting including Illya.

Joel

  • Recurring problems of swap full on lxbuild161
    • it's still not clear what happens: Thomas' monitoring doesn't give hints (try to increase the frequency)
    • IT will give more informations
    • Joel will reduce the priority of the node, so that the IT shifters are not woke up by it.
    • Marco Cl. will try to get the latest Coverity installed.

Gloria

  • Problems with Gauss v42r0 and Pythia 8 on the grid, because the LCG distribution tarball didn't match the content of AFS.
  • The interface package Herwig++ is causing troubles because of errors in the requirements and the '++' in the name (illegal variable name in bash)
    • local interface package in Gauss to sort out all the problems, to then retrofit it to LCGCMT.

Illya

  • Started prototyping the compatibility tracking database

Markus

  • The work presented by Bertrand Bellenot at CHEP (read ROOT files with Javascript) can be very useful in cases like the Online presenter: we should think about what we could do.
    • Marco Ca. suggests to keep Stefan in the discussion, because he is working on the consolidation of shifter tools (online and offline)

Thomas

  • Restarted the coverity slot by hand after the automatic reboot of lxbuild161.

Actions

  • Call for "Programme of Work Review" meeting Marco Cl.
  • Prepare the release of Gaudi Marco Cl.
  • Follow up of problems with lxbuild161 Thomas, Joel, Marco Cl.


-- MarcoClemencic - 30-May-2012

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2012-05-30 - MarcoClemencic
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    LHCb All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback