LHCb Core Software Meeting

Date and Location

10:30 - 11:20
CERN (2-R-030)


Alex Grecu, Gloria Corti, Illya Shapoval, Joel Closier, Liang Sun, Marco Cattaneo, Marco Clemencic (minutes), Marco Corvo, Markus Frank, Rob Lambert (Vidyo), #Stefan Lohn



Round Table

Marco Cl.

  • Gaudi
    • applying patches to Gaudi (getting ready for the release)
    • what about a Python module to return the version of a used project? Illya: it would be very useful for Ariadne queries.
  • Nightly Builds:
    • new dashboard in production
      • Marco Ca: open summaries in new pages
    • added glimpse indexes to the builds
    • working to test the builds from an installation
  • CondDB compression
    • compression enabling library used automatically from AFS
    • OK to install it on CVMFS today? Marco Ca: say it on elog

Marco Ca.: tomorrow there is a sprint on FT software, we need a Gaudi (+LCGCMT) by the end of the week


  • Continue tuning of buildlhcb (specially for Ariadne)
  • Certificate for LHCbPR is expiring every week (participation in LHCb VO).
  • Problem last week with the release of LHCbGrid and LCGCMT.


  • Ariadne in production since a week.
    • first level of backup in place, Joel waiting to enable the second level with Tivoli
    • problems trying to fill the DB

Marco Ca.: the main technical issue is the access to the server, but the main problem is that it is not clear what compatibility means.

Illya will provide some description of the compatibility relations as seen by the database implementation (in terms the project managers can understand).

The issue with access to a specific machine to will be resolved at some point in the future.

Marco Cl.: we need a presentation/tutorial. Agreed to do it first at a Core Software Meeting, then in November at the Computing Workshop

  • Start active participation in CF4HEP project.

Marco Co.

(Introduced himself.)

  • Working with Niko and Daniel to test the GPU manager..


  • We can use Rivet "professor" in LHCb, but it is not available in LCGCMT 65.
  • New release of Gauss ASAP (to check with Gloria)
  • Fixing problems in the nightlies.
  • Working on an alternative to the production summaries from log files.


  • When can we have a stack on gcc47/48? Marco Cl.: the next stack can have gcc47.

-- MarcoClemencic - 10-Jul-2013

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2013-07-10 - MarcoClemencic
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    LHCb All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback