LHCb Core Software Meeting

Date and Location

22 Jan 2014
10:30 - 11:20
CERN (2-R-030)

Attendees

Ben Couturier, Gloria Corti, Illya Shapoval, Liang Sun, Marco Cattaneo, Marco Clemencic (minutes), Markus Frank, Rob Lambert (Vidyo), Stefan Lohn

Apologies

Joel Closier

Subjects

News

  • From AF
    • Reorganization in SFT: Pere will lead the ROOT project
    • CernVM is essentially ready: issue with customisations
      • We need to ask our main users to test CernVM 3 and check if we need to do something special to help the others to adopt it.

  • HepMC workshop yesterday
    • plans for improvements for the 2.x branches
    • they will work on a proposal for an improved layout of classes (size, remove obsolete stuff)
    • Pere supported the request that I/O backward compatibility via ROOT must be centrally supported
    • beta release of HepMC 3 hopefully around summer, with a quick feedback cycle with the experiments (requires a developer from the experiment to help)

  • IT will upgrade Oracle to 12g and asked if we still need Streams (Oracle will drop the support in version 13)
    • IT <-> PIT streaming could be dropped, but we need to test the alternative (SQLite-based) approach

  • Migration Savanna to JIRA
    • Joel forwarded an email reporting issues the WLGC migration experienced
    • there is no update on our side on migration status (nobody following it up)
    • we still have issues with the roles and policies that IT seems to just ignore (we should have Benedikt pushing to get the JIRA service in IT usable as a Savannah replacement)

Round Table

Joel (email)

  • lxbuild171 has been re-installed with SLC6 (issue with group z5 to be checked)
  • LHCbDirac release v7r15 with LHCbGrid v6r1 and LCGCMT66 is compatible with gcc48.

Marco Cl.

  • CMake configuration
    • Checked the projects already migrated.
    • Migrated Bender
    • Pending Panoramix, Erasmus, Urania, MooreOnline
  • ROOT 6
    • Situation very promising: only a few pending bugs
    • Need to evaluate the priority of the failures in the tests to understand what we need to be fixed in the beta2 release

Markus

  • Working to fix the Online builds and tests working (CMake)

Ben

  • Guy will provide OSC for slc6 gcc48.
  • Now that LHCbDirac has been release Ganga will follow.
  • Regular profiling working with Brunel. Will add other projects (Moore, etc.).
  • Working with Joel to make volhcb28 a CVMFS server.
    • seems much faster
    • still some work to do, then we can use it to deploy the nightlies

Gloria

  • Paul working to fix Gauss on gcc48

Liang

  • Created JIRA task on CondDB support for Hlt split.


-- MarcoClemencic - 22 Jan 2014


This topic: LHCb > WebHome > LHCbComputing > CoreSoftwareMeetingMinutes > CoreSoftwareMeetingMinutes20140122
Topic revision: r1 - 2014-01-22 - MarcoClemencic
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback