-- AndresAbreuNazario - 2016-07-13

Steps for getting user grid certificate as an external user

If you’re not working locally at CERN and don’t have a passport, your only choice might be to get a CERN external account (These instructions already assume you have done this and are registered in the CERN database). However, CERN does not provide external users who are working with CMS user grid certificates. To obtain a valid certificate go through the following steps:

  • Access the webpage https://idmanager.opensciencegrid.org/oim/certificate and click on “Request New” on the left panel, under “User Certificates”. Fill out the form with your personal information and on “Virtual Organization” choose your external organization (not CMS). If you are working on the CMS experiment from Fermilab, for example, choose Fermilab from the list and use your FNAL email (if you choose CMS from the “Virtual Organization” list you will get an error stating that only CERN can give you a valid certificate). Afterwards, enter the name of your sponsor in the space provided, along with their email (it should also be a valid email, e.g. FNAL, CERN, etc.). Once you submit the form you need to wait for approval and then you can just download the certificate from the provided link.
  • Once you have the certificate, you can follow the steps at Obtaining and Installing your Certificate to setup your certificate.
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r1 - 2016-07-13 - AndresAbreuNazario
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    Main All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright &© 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback