WARNING: This web is not used anymore. Please use PDBService.MinuteS11May06 instead!
 

Minutes 11 May 06

  • Phone:
    • TRIUMF: Denise
    • U Michigan: Ed, Shawn
    • FNAL: Lee, Eric, Dave
    • RAL: Nuala, Gordon
    • BNL Iris, Yuri,
    • U Oxford: Stefan,
    • ATLAS: Florbella, Gancho, Sasha

  • CERN:
    • RRCAT: Alpana,
    • 3D: Dirk, Eva, Luis
    • POOL: Radovan
    • CMS: Zhen

  • General announcements:
    • Wellcome to Alpana, she will work on several database projects (lookup, Oracle to MySql connection using Streams, monitoring using Lemon, CORAL, ...)
    • Gris authentication:
      • Up to now Kerberos investigation
      • New alternative: database credentials inside LFC
      • There will be a presentantion during next meetings
    • Repository OEM:
      • Installation finished successfully, ready for remote publish
      • Gordon will try to join and write some notes to be used by the other sites to join as well
      • If everything is fine, the old OEM will be removed
    • New 3D Streams setup:
      • Every site which is ready to join should contact Eva and send the tnsnames.ora entry for the database. She will contact back to provide the necessary steps and scripts
      • CNAF and Taiwan already contacted
      • First throughput tests run: RAC to RAC at CERN. Rate: 15Mb/min
        • Working on improve (Luca and Eva): performance tests and optimization
      • Streams monitor tool, strmmon, is being used. Nuno has written some reports that look nicer. To be published when ready
      • CMS online - offline test reload: optimization is needed
  • Roundtable Testbed test progress
    • Stefan: database server to be used is not available yet
    • We will contact Sophie in order to coordinate her tests with Stefan's ones
    • It would be very useful to collect some documents from the tier1 sites with the description of the hw setup. This can be very helpful to the new sites. The documents will be included on our wiki page
    • Iris will let us know when they are ready to join
    • Gordon: Actually, problems with RAC and RH4 (TAR)
  • ATLAS Tier 2 Calibration Center Replication Options and 3D
    • Slides available on the agenda
    • Further discussion is needed:
      • dba on tier2 is suggested as well as local backups...
      • Streams does not synchronized from one database to other empty database
  • Frontier Production Setup - Throughput Test Plans
    • Slides available on the agenda
  • CMS Frontier production setup and test Plans
    • Slides available on the agenda

  • Next meeting: Thursday 18th, 10:00 AM
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2006-05-22 - EvaDafonte
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    PSSGroup All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback