Minutes 1 December 05

  • VRVS/phone: Yuri Smirnov(BNL), Iris(BNL), Eric Wicklund(FNAL), Lee(FNAL), Dors(Gridka), Elisabetta Vilucchi(CNAF), Saima Iqbal(CMS)
  • @CERN: Kuba, Luis, Radovan(POOL), Birger(ARDA), Marco Clemencic(LHCb) Dirk(3D), Eva(3D)

  • Meetings proposal for next year: phone conference instead of VRVS, and same time slot.
  • POOL/Frontier plugin tests
    • plugin is working.
    • Frontier client doesn't support bind variables. In case of performance issues, this can be a problem.
    • Nested queries: workaround to avoid them implemented by Radovan.
      • bug in the Frontier Server: doesn't show number of results.
      • Dirk propose to setup one wiki page to report/log changes in the Frontier server.
    • Different data format between client and server.
    • Unknown yet how important will be these issues. It's necessary to identify the areas in which we can get improvements.
    • Lee transparencies available in the Agenda.
      • contact to Maria to schedule actions on the validation system (no dedicated service until February).
    • Lee will send links to Squid and Frontier home page to be included in the wiki page.
    • CMS will coordinate Squid installation.
    • next Frontier plugin will be integrated with CORAL.
  • Site status Report
    • BNL(Iris): hw will be available by end December.
    • Licences discussion with Oracle at the moment (CERN).
    • 10.2 installation kits to be deployed (CERN).
    • CNAF: Dirk will call tomorrow for discussion.
    • RAL(Gordon): Progressing.
    • Gridka: Dirk will call for discussion.
  • Proposed tier 1 / site milestones
    • Table available in the agenda (Dirk)
    • Required to find a solution for the support of the application server service.
      • PSS doesn't support application server services.
      • Lee will send the requirements. Dirk will pass them through IT service groups.
    • Any comments until Tuesday: send to Dirk.
  • Ongoing replication test reports
    • Stefan:
      • submit COOL jobs from CERN and Oxford.
      • workload close to the requirements of ATLAS.
      • individual tests progressing. Replication tests probably next week.
    • Saima:
      • Functionality tests not concluded: still some problems integrating materialized views.
      • Report to be included in wiki (during next week).
    • Birger:
      • Functionality tests concluded.
      • Performance tests to be done.
  • LHCb replication tests
    • LHCb oriented tests.
    • Filling master on the 3d testbed.
    • Tests will be extended to Gridka and RAL.
    • Report to be included in wiki.


This topic: PSSGroup > PhysicsDatabasesSection > LCG3DWiki > MinuteS1December05
Topic revision: r1 - 2005-12-02 - EvaDafonte
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback