WARNING: This web is not used anymore. Please use PDBService.MinuteS8December05 instead!
 

Minutes 8 December 05

  • VRVS/phone: Iris(BNL), Julie(FNAL), Lee(FNAL), Barbara(CNAF), Sasha(ATLAS)
  • @CERN: Luis(3D), Radovan(POOL), Birger(ARDA), Marco Clemencic(LHCb), Dirk(3D), Eva(3D)
  • Apologies: Gordon(RAL), Saima(CMS), Stefan(ATLAS)

  • General points:
    • The milestones presented last week in the meeting have been accepted
    • CHEP abstract has been accepted. Dirk will send around the list of contributers)
    • Readiness workshop: better no have it during CHEP, choose some place close to CERN

  • Setup status:
    • There is a teable with the status of the available resources to be completed in the 3D wiki main page
    • BNL (Iris): 2 nodes, o.s. RHES3, storage: 500GB, setting up the cluster
    • Requested dba presentation on how to setup the cluster for next 3D meeting
    • CNAF (Barbara): RAC environment setup ongoing, results report during next 3D meeting
    • FNAL (Lee): temporary Squid cache setup at several T1/T2 sites for tests, GB ethernet is important for SQUID perfromance
    • Easy to have one Squid cache per experiment but this depends on the sites
    • more detail for the configuration when the tests will be finished (next week)
    • Lee will make a proposal according to sample results

  • Testbed tests progress:
    • AMGA replication tests: Replication test finished, Birger showed looking at the timing which is still affected by large back-log as IN2P3 replica is still unavailable
    • LHCb replication tests (Marco): database was replicated, functionality is correct. Marco will send a mail to Gordon to get the connection string to RAL
    • ATLAS online tests: waiting to be connected to one of the replicas
    • Proposal for the new Streams configuration for Tier0 - to be discussed with Oracle experts (Eva)

  • POOL / Frontier plugin tests:
    • CMS asked for POOL release at the Architecture Forum
    • POOL based on RAL against ROOT5 should be ready before Xmas.
    • Not able to finish Persistency release this year - new schedule for the first 2 weeks of January
    • Persistency release will address some of the requests from CMS/FroNtier
    • Lee agreed with the 2 releases split
    • Frontier doesn't use the concept of sessions - technical discussion to be followed offline
    • Application Server: CMS will investigate if DES J2EE services are suitable for FroNtier production next year
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r3 - 2010-06-11 - PeterJones
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    PSSGroup All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright & 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
or Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? use Discourse or Send feedback