Minutes of the Linac4 Diagnostics Working Group Meeting held on 6 October 2008

Present: U.Raich, L.Soby, F.Lenardon, A.Lokhovitskiy, C.Dutriat, E.Bravin, I.Kozsar, R.Jones, C.Carli, K.Hanke, B.Mikulec.

Agenda:

1. Communications

2. Follow-up of open actions

3. BI/CO interface (I.Kozsar)

4. Pickups for Linac4-to-PSB transfer lines - preliminary findings (L.Soby)

5. AOB

1. Communications

Klaus - please fill in your communications concerning Linac conference...

2. Follow-up of open actions

Emittance meter: U.Raich will contact D.Gerard this week to get information on the assembly status of the emittance meter. E.Bravin mentioned that the Marie-Curie fellow will start his contract on November 1st; one can hope for first simulation results towards the end of this year. A.Lokhovitskiy reported that the prototype of the FESA server is available; all the interfaces are agreed and a prototype LabView application has been written as well. He requested a complete test system for detailed evaluation of the software.

Power supply and cabling for emittance meter: A -1 kV and +300 V power supply is available (E.Bravin, C.Dutriat). The cabling for the emittance meter (FC, SEMgrid, slit) still has to be sorted out; C.Dutriat voluteered to take care of this and to contact C.Rossi.

Work package description, EVM document, budget breakdown: this is underway and has to be finished until the end of the week as U.Raich will give a presentation as work package holder next week.

BLMs: No news. The loss distribution simulated by E.Sargsyan should be presented at one of the upcoming meetings to finalise the position of the BLMs. The required BLMs in the PSB injection region should be included in this context.

Feshenko monitor: There is an approximate cost estimate for the Feshenko monitor available, but now an official offer should be obtained (U.Raich will follow this up). It should also be clarified if any kind of control and/or application will be included in the offer. Otherwise this has to be added to the list of software to be developed.

3 MeV test stand: U.Raich has already asked for information on this subject, but received no reply so far. He will follow this up as it becomes urgent to get an answer.

Dump designs: There is no manpower available before the end of this year.

Drawings: No manpower before middle of next year; K.Hanke has made clear that the drawings for the movable bunch are on top of the priority list.

3. BI/CO interface

-- BettinaMikulec - 06 Oct 2008

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 | r4 < r3 < r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-10-07 - BettinaMikulec
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    SPL All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright