BI-Linac4 meeting of Thursday 14th December 2006 Minutes by M. Pasini and K. Hanke

Present: M. Pasini, K. Hanke, U. Raich, L. Soby, F. Lenardon, G.Tranquille, C.Dutriat

Agenda: 1. Follow-up of the previous meeting. 2. General communications. [K. Hanke] 3. Finalise cost estimate [all] ***

1. Action for L.Soby to investigate whether a pick-up can be integrated into a steerer in order to save space: Nothing has been done. L.Soby says that this requires a lengthy study and simulations. This could be done at the earliest next year, provided the manpower within AB/BI is allocated.

Action for K.Hanke to complete the cost/manpower estimate for the BLMs: This has been followed up with B.Dehning and the figures are now OK.

Action for M.Pasini to find out about the phase pick-up in the chopper line: This pick-up will be provided by CEA and is not the responsibility of AB/BI.

LEBT diagnostics planning: K.Hanke has submitted the delivery dates for the various components to C.Rossi. C.Rossi requests more detailed information about the design phase etc. U.Raich asked G.Tranquille to provide this information. action: G.Tranquille.

Complete cost table: M.Pasini and U.Raich have filled in the missing parts.

2. K. Hanke reported that an overall drawing of the whole linac now exists. This will be used to integrate steerers, quadrupoles and diagnostics in the space between the modules and tanks. At the moment, the space is not sufficient. Work is in progress to increase the space and re-compute the beam dynamics (A.Lombardi) and in parallel AB/BI should optimize the space needed by superimposing equipment and by designing equipment as compact as possible. U.Raich said, that it is presently not foreseen to do any design work in 2007. K.Hanke said, that this should be clarified within the BI group.

K.Hanke reported, that the ceramics for the 100mm diameter transformer for the LEBT must be ordered as soon as possible (before Christmas). Although the go-ahead to buy the components has been given already in September, nothing has been done. Given the delays of ordering ceramics, it is important to submit the order asap. action: F. Lenardon

K.Hanke reported, that the BSHM is presently undergoing an upgrade. All components needed have arrived and are presently being assembled. A letter of intent for a beam test in Orsay in the second half of 2007 has been sent out.

K.Hanke announced, that with the final editing of the cost and manpower estimate and of the TDR this series of meetings comes to an end. In order to follow up the design and integration of the various diagnostic devices, monthly meetings will be held in 2007 starting on January 26th at 10:00. An invitation will be sent out in due time.

3. The cost and manpower estimate has been completed. The only issue which is slightly vague is the Feschenko monitor. U.Raich will contact M.Plum in order to get more information. action: U.Raich.

U.Raich will submit the complete cost and manpower table to R.Garoby for approval. Then it will be submitted to M.Vretenar who is in charge of the overall cost estimate of Linac 4.

A.o.B.: Next meeting Friday January 26th at 10:00 in Prevessin (room to be confirmed).

-- KlausHanke - 13 Sep 2007

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r1 - 2007-09-13 - KlausHanke
 
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    SPL All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright