BI-Linac4 meeting of Monday 26th February 2007 Minutes by K.Hanke and M. Pasini

Present: M. Pasini, K. Hanke, U. Raich, E.Bravin, L.Soby Agenda: 1. Matters arising from the previous meeting 2. general communications. [K. Hanke] 3. Status of the LEBT diagnostics [all] 4. Review of the planning with manpower for LEBT/3 MeV test stand [U.Raich] 5. Review of the Linac4 beam instrumentation [U.Raich]


1. From the last minutes: - action for G.Tranquille to refine the planning for the LEBT diagnostics (include design and manufacturing phase). Not completed. action: G.Tranquille.

- action for U.Raich to provide a cost and manpower estimate for a Feschenko monitor. U.Raich has contacted Feschenko and received a cost estimate. The figures given in the overall cost and manpower estimate sent to M.Vretenar earlier this year are considered correct and no modification is needed.

- action for U.Raich to provide a status report for SEM monitors and emittance scanner. Not completed. action: U.Raich.

- action for E.Bravin and C.Bal to provide a compact design for the profile monitors, or at least a flange-to-flange distance to allow to proceed with the overall linac lay-out. Not completed. action: E.Bravin, C.Bal.

- action for U.Raich to investigate a possible integration of the pick-ups in the magnets. L.Soby reported that a certain overlap is possible, but that the feed-throughs must be outside the magnet.

- action for K.Hanke and U.Raich to provide a separate time and cost table for the diagnostics needed for the 3 MeV front-end. M.Pasini has sent around the table.

2. K. Hanke reported that they had a meeting with T.Zickler on magnet design. T.Zickler agreed to look into the possibility of combining quadrupoles and steerers in order to gain space. In addition, the pick-up will be partly inside the magnet.

K.Hanke has received a message from T.Meinschad concerning the emittance measurement after the source. T.Meinschad suggests the use of an Allison scanner developed at ISOLDE. E.Bravin noted that such a device is in the development phase and not at all operational. He strongly recommends the use of a traditional slit/profile monitor device.

3./4. M. Pasini has provided a template table for the diagnostics needed for the 3 MeV front-end. This diagnostics is needed soon and has therefore highest priority. AB/BI experts will fill in the table. E. Bravin said that he’s having a lot of difficulties in filling the table with a realistic timeline because he’s experiencing a dramatic lack of resources. It was suggested that the table should be filled based on the resources available. U. Raich suggested to write o job description in order to apply for a Marie-Curie fellowship within the group. action: AB/BI experts.

5. U.Raich announced that AB/BI organizes a one-day review of the beam instrumentation for Linac4. Possible dates are 7, 8 or 9 May 2007. U.Raich and K.Hanke will meet and put together a draft agenda. It was asked to have an up-to-date list of beam parameters in order to have a reference for design calculations. A table with all the parameters will be put into a EDMS folder. action: U.Raich, K.Hanke, M. Pasini

A.o.B.: Next meeting in one month from now, place and time to be confirmed.

-- KlausHanke - 13 Sep 2007

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | WYSIWYG | More topic actions
Topic revision: r2 - 2008-06-30 - FrankGerigk
    • Cern Search Icon Cern Search
    • TWiki Search Icon TWiki Search
    • Google Search Icon Google Search

    SPL All webs login

This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright